Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Suggest a 150mm Prime Lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a classic but very new and manual the Irix 150mm F2.8 Macro 1:1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
There is also an ISCO Westanar 4.5/150.

Yes! I've been investigating hat one. I'm an ISCO lover, so it's definitely an option.

D1N0 wrote:

Wow, that's a pretty nice looking lens! I hadn't heard of Irix before. Do you know where they're manufactured?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
woodrim wrote:
There is also an ISCO Westanar 4.5/150.

Yes! I've been investigating hat one. I'm an ISCO lover, so it's definitely an option.

D1N0 wrote:

Wow, that's a pretty nice looking lens! I hadn't heard of Irix before. Do you know where they're manufactured?

Made for a Polish company based in Switzerland, made in Korea. The Polish company is also Samyang importer, so it is guessed Samyang makes them for Irix.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like the old fashion lenses, the kinoptic apochromat can be an option. IT's big and heavy, bit a real good lens.
I had it a long time ago, with an Alpa 10 D camera

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't there a schneider in exakta mount in that FL?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dickb wrote:
I just came across the post I vaguely remembered from Jonathan Sager on the photomacrography.net forum

https://www.photomacrography.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38462

So far, I have found that there are at least three distinct models of 150mm Printing-Nikkor:

Version A: 150mm Printing-Nikkor 1/4-4X ~30-86mm IC
Version B: 150mm Printing-Nikkor fixed 1X ~30mm IC
Version C: 150mm Printing-Nikkor fixed 1X ~86mm IC

While researching the 150mm Printing-Nikkors I got in touch with the Technical Director at Fotokem. He was able to confirm the lens they used for IMAX transfers (IMAX and 65mm 5-perf film for Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk was processed at Fotokem for instance). There is a newer version of the 150mm Printing-Nikkor that has a 86mm image circle which is the primary "off-the-shelf" lens for IMAX 1:1 film printing. This is the only model Printing-Nikkor with a large image circle other than the variable model which only reaches this IC at 3X. BTW: The specs on redbook are for the newest 150mm PN from the early to mid 1990's even though the pics are of a variable model from the 70's/80's. I have the feeling this is the source of some of the confusion around image circle for the 150mm lens

The version of the Printing Nikkor 105mm as used in the Nikon 8000 medium format scanner covers at least 61mm wide at near 1:1 magnification ratio.