Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1935 Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 1:2.8. f=7.5cm.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject: 1935 Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 1:2.8. f=7.5cm. Reply with quote

Visualopsins mentioned giving it a whirl on the Fuji, so...

Not this lens...

...but this one, which I forgot to photograph before mummifying in decorators tape.

I find decorators tape has just the right 'give' to allow the lens and hood to be screwed on, rather than pushed on. It cuts it's own thread.

Yep, I re-purposed the outer shell of a Durst MITUB 1:1 as a hood. There's nothing standard about this lens. As a hood for the lens it works superbly. Only a few mm longer and it starts to vignette.

A few shots -

f:2.8. Fuji X-E1 (APSC) Std setting, all parameters zeroed, no pp. Natural light from right.

f:11 (sharpest). Settings as above.

f:11 (1:1)

PP to taste. Not for everyone I'd guess, but I love this look.

Phew! All done before tea Like 1 .

Last edited by Sciolist on Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle Congrats Tuzki with lens

Wedding lens! Kind of long maybe. Would like to see on FF.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Whoo Turtle Congrats Tuzki with lens

Wedding lens! Kind of long maybe. Would like to see on FF.

Ha Very Happy , I didn't know there were such things as wedding lenses, but I see what you mean. For some reason, and incongruously, The Godfather popped into my head. I'll have to find out what Coppola was using to see if I'm in good company lol. No doubt something specially made for him, and extremely expensive.

In terms of using FF, I'd agree, it would be interesting. With the lens being for the vest pocket Exakta's, at 4cm x 6cm, I suppose you are really looking past FF, past the 'super 35' Fuji GFX's, to something like the Phase One. I'd guess I'm barely out of the centre circle with APSC, but it does provide a lovely render all the same.