Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD III 28mm 3,5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject: Minolta MD III 28mm 3,5 Reply with quote

As evidenced by tf this is a very good lens provided you accept the limited aperture.

There is outbound field curvature in the corners that served me well in this case.

The lens can be absolutely sharp at the corners starting from f3,5 if you focus correctly. In this respect my results are better than those of tf.

I am a very happy owner of the 28mm 2,5 Rokor SI. This lens might be better at shared apertures.

[url]DSC04619 MD 28mm3,5 at 5,6 réduit by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you explain how you would focus correctly? I am genuinely interested and not mocking.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a flat surface if you focus on center, angles will be out of focus since the focus area will be behind such surface.
If your subject is at an angle you need to enlarge that area and when focusing you will note that you will obtain sharp angles at a setting distance shorter than when focusing at the center. Hence careful focusing.

The picture above shows that on a three dimensional object you will have everywhere super sharp areas where the objects intersect the focus plane.