Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Popular Photography Magazine (U.S.) 1966 lens guide
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:11 am    Post subject: Popular Photography Magazine (U.S.) 1966 lens guide Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting TFS!
Like Dog

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, DConvert. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

As a 135mm lens fan, I was amazed to see the number of 135s listed!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 55.

It's noticeable that the Leica lenses are nothing out of the ordinary price wise. They do say that the modern Leica camera AG company's greatest achievement has been to sell Mercedes at Bentley prices. Maybe it's true, or maybe the distributer had a deal going. Who knows. I'd guess these are recommended retail prices, as the only possible source hinted at are the distributor or manufacturer.

Another surprise to me (maybe it shouldn't be), is that Angenieux are middling in price.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pleasure, Sciolist.

Regarding prices, I couldn't find any listings for Leica in the retailer ads in the back of the magazine. But Wall Street Camera Exchange listed some Angenieux lenses:
For example, their price for "28/3.5 Auto Angenieux" was $78.95. In the lens guide pages above (image #2), the price listed for the same (?) lens is $130.

On the other hand, prices for Pentax Takumars are essentially the same in both Wall Street's ad and in the lens guide.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they have a section for enlarger lenses?

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

16:9 wrote:
Did they have a section for enlarger lenses?

No, not in that 1966 issue. But I've uploaded a 1976 Popular Photography list of enlarging lenses here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/enlarging-lenses-1976-t83777.html