Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Broken piece in a Prakticar 35 2.4 (Flektogon)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject: Broken piece in a Prakticar 35 2.4 (Flektogon) Reply with quote

Hi!
I have a Carl Zeiss Jena Prakticar 35mm 2.4 (Flektogon with a Praktica B mount) in great shape... except that the aperture ring does not work (aperture opens and closes with the lever perfectly). I opened the back, aperture ring and there is a lever that is broken. It is a triangle with two little cilinders on two corners, one is missing (see the picture, with one corner in full and one broken, with the broken piece on the side. It was loose on the inside of the barrel). I am pretty sure that is the piece that transmits the movement of the aperture ring to the lever mechanism (which moves the blades). Glueing it seems like too precise of a job, and probably would break soon. Anyone know if that piece is shared with any other Pentacon/Zeiss Jena lenses? Maybe a dead Tessar or a Pentacon 50 1.8 can donate an organ and make a Flek live again...
Of course, any other idea to fix it is welcome...

Thanks a lot for your help!

Ps- It is the lever here: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1277386/ on the right ring, 3 o'clock, of picture DPP11.