Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1957 Schneider-Kreuznach Retina-Xenar 2.8/50
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject: 1957 Schneider-Kreuznach Retina-Xenar 2.8/50 Reply with quote

I must admit, I'm getting attached to these little cuties. Apologies for the tying wire holding the shutter open on B. It was that or go into the lovely compur shutter and mess around.

In use -

f/16. APSC. Fuji X-E1. Std setting, all parameters zeroed, no PP. Sidelit from overcast sky.

1:1

PP - A dash of contrast. A smidge of sharpen.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting conversion you've done there. Impressive results too. But if it's all the same to you, I think I'm gonna leave my Schneider 50/2.8 right where it is -- attached to my cute little IIc. But if I should ever run into a broken one, well then I'll be much more interested in that conversion of yours.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
That's an interesting conversion you've done there. Impressive results too. But if it's all the same to you, I think I'm gonna leave my Schneider 50/2.8 right where it is -- attached to my cute little IIc. But if I should ever run into a broken one, well then I'll be much more interested in that conversion of yours.

Well, the beauty with this lens is you don't have to wait until it is broken. You simply take it off your cute little IIc and fit it to something else. Then put it back when you are done. I try the lenses from my film Pentax's, Exakta's, Kodak etc, etc on my digital cameras regularly cooltouch. Others do something similar, as this section of the forum indicates. I take it you don't do this? That's fair enough. Each to their own.

Thanks for your comments.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about that Tessar? That one looks really interesting. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
How about that Tessar? That one looks really interesting. Smile

I know, I know. I keep on intending to try it out on a digital, and then I'm sidetracked with trying something else. That Exakta VP is an interesting camera in itself. It's been converted from 127 to 35mm.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:

Well, the beauty with this lens is you don't have to wait until it is broken. You simply take it off your cute little IIc and fit it to something else. Then put it back when you are done. I try the lenses from my film Pentax's, Exakta's, Kodak etc, etc on my digital cameras regularly cooltouch. Others do something similar, as this section of the forum indicates. I take it you don't do this? That's fair enough. Each to their own.

I have a very large collection of manual focus lenses which get used on my digitals, but they're all of the interchangeable variety. I Know the lens (or at least the front portion?) can be removed from my IIc, but I see where you've dismounted the whole thing. I haven't tried this yet. And I don't yet know what sort of mount you fasten your lens to once it's been removed. So, yeah, this is all new to me. What do you use for a helical, and mount, and what sort of front flange, if any, do you need to fabricate to mount the lens to the helical?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Sciolist wrote:

I have a very large collection of manual focus lenses which get used on my digitals, but they're all of the interchangeable variety. I Know the lens (or at least the front portion?) can be removed from my IIc, but I see where you've dismounted the whole thing. I haven't tried this yet. And I don't yet know what sort of mount you fasten your lens to once it's been removed. So, yeah, this is all new to me. What do you use for a helical, and mount, and what sort of front flange, if any, do you need to fabricate to mount the lens to the helical?

All your MF lenses are interchangeable with your digital cameras? That's interesting. I always have to adapt the ones I have, to varying degrees.

With regard to adapting the lens on your IIc, I'm afraid I can't help cooltouch. I've never adapted one from a IIc.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:

All your MF lenses are interchangeable with your digital cameras? That's interesting. I always have to adapt the ones I have, to varying degrees.

I didn't realize I needed to specify that I used adapters with my MF lens collection. I guess I figured adapters went without saying.

Quote:

With regard to adapting the lens on your IIc, I'm afraid I can't help cooltouch. I've never adapted one from a IIc.

Uh-huh. And just what camera did you remove your lens-shutter assembly from? I just assumed it was a Retina. You know, like the IIc or IIIc?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

Uh-huh. And just what camera did you remove your lens-shutter assembly from? I just assumed it was a Retina. You know, like the IIc or IIIc?

It's from a late production Retina Ib (Type 018).