Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leitz Wetzlar Elmaron 150mm f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:37 pm    Post subject: Leitz Wetzlar Elmaron 150mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

Can you believe it....the first soap bubble bokeh (projection) lens in my collection Smile

LeitzElmaron1502814 by devoscasper, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! This is a wonderful addition to the collection. I've seen a lot of amazing photos taken by Polish photographer Andrzej Wiśniowski using this lens.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D. P. wrote:
Congratulations! This is a wonderful addition to the collection. I've seen a lot of amazing photos taken by Polish photographer Andrzej Wiśniowski using this lens.

Thanks, i will check him out!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting information indeed - thanks for sharing!

At first I thought "I have that one as well", but turns out it's a Leitz Hektor 150mm ... not the Elmaron!

S

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Leitz Wetzlar Elmaron 150mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Can you believe it....the first soap bubble bokeh (projection) lens in my

Never tried to adapt it, the big full alu Elmaron 150mm 2.8 for 6x6 that I have here. Do you use that one or another version? Your images look perfect.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Leitz Wetzlar Elmaron 150mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

Ernst Dinkla wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

Never tried to adapt it, the big full alu Elmaron 150mm 2.8 for 6x6 that I have here. Do you use that one or another version? Your images look perfect.

I use this version (it's not the oldest one):

[/img]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://images.app.goo.gl/stm1DHueyiMNi3C96

That one is like mine, probably the first or at least an earlier version. Actually I find it too heavy for an adaptation. No good use for it either.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ernst Dinkla wrote:
https://images.app.goo.gl/stm1DHueyiMNi3C96

That one is like mine, probably the first or at least an earlier version. Actually I find it too heavy for an adaptation. No good use for it either.

Mine is not so heavy (474 grams in total).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Leitz Wetzlar Elmaron 150mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

Ernst Dinkla wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

I knew a photographer who used this lens on large format (4х5").
There was a time when I wanted to buy it for myself, but changed my mind. Too big and heavy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The soap bubbles are interesting. I don't remember seeing yellow outlines like that before.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
The soap bubbles are interesting. I don't remember seeing yellow outlines like that before.

Well, they are yellow in this case because the lights in the background are from my Christmas tree. But the reason I bought this lens is because I saw some pretty nice soap bubble bokeh images from it on Flickr. And because I figured I could blow them up pretty large because of its wide opening.