Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I've messed up... Zeiss Jena 70-210mm 4.5-5.6 Jenazoom II
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject: I've messed up... Zeiss Jena 70-210mm 4.5-5.6 Jenazoom II Reply with quote

I was given this lens free when I bought some other lenses with fungus with the intention of cleaning them all up. This one was so badly infested that the guy was just going to bin it, so result for me! I got all the fungus off and the optics are good now, however I messed up somewhere putting the elements back together and something is oriented or ordered incorrectly because it doesn't want to focus anymore and it's generally unpleasant to look through the camera once it's mounted. Does anyone have a diagram for how it should go or any other ideas? Thanks for any suggestions.

Thom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't be too diligent with these. I always use a fine tip permanent pen to put an orientation arrow on the edge of an element the moment I take it out. And a number if there are more than a few elements.
I'm afraid all I can suggest is disassembly, inspection and trial and error...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall be more vigilant in future! Opened it up and tried again a few times to no avail, decided it was more hassle than the lens was worth and ended up selling the lens with a few other bits of junk for a few £.