Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

planar 50/1,7 C/Y
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject: planar 50/1,7 C/Y Reply with quote

In 2009/2010 a member of the forum, Orio, said that the planars 50/1,7 with S/N > 8.xxx.xxx were sharper than the previous.

In http://slrlensreview.com/web/reviews/carl-zeiss-lenses-swhorizontalmenu-172/zeiss-standard/369-carl-zeiss-planar-t-50mm-f17-cy-lens-review, we can see the concluitions of the planar 8.4xx.xxx.

Any experience about.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately not.
However, according to a test report originally published 1984 by a German photo magazine the Zeiss 50/1.7 is slightly behind the Rollei 50/1.8 which you already own.
Even the Yashica ML 50/1.7 performed slightly better than the Zeiss lens, although it's "only" a normal Ultron 6/5 design.
For me that was reason enough not to try the Zeiss lens myself.
They have tested all 50mm "standard" lenses which have been available at these times and there was no better lens than the Rollei lens which even surpassed the Leica Summicron-R.
Anyway, maybe this ranking changed again in later production years. I don't know.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Unfortunately not.
However, according to a test report originally published 1984 by a German photo magazine the Zeiss 50/1.7 is slightly behind the Rollei 50/1.8 which you already own.
Even the Yashica ML 50/1.7 performed slightly better than the Zeiss lens, although it's "only" a normal Ultron 6/5 design.
For me that was reason enough not to try the Zeiss lens myself.
They have tested all 50mm "standard" lenses which have been available at these times and there was no better lens than the Rollei lens which even surpassed the Leica Summicron-R.
Anyway, maybe this ranking changed again in later production years. I don't know.

Thank you, tb_a.

I must say that my copy of the Schneider SL Xenon 50/1,8 has a bit morer resolution power than my 3 copies of the Rollei HFT 50/1,8 and my Color Ultron 50/1,8. Perhaps the Color Ultron has a bit more contrast.

And my copy of the Color Ultron 50/1,8 is a bit contrastier with more resolution power than the 3 copies of the Rollei HFT ones.

I don't know why that difference between Planars HFT and the Color Ultron.

And one more adventage for the Xenon. It seems to be best build, more solid than my copies of the Rollei and color Ultron (with AM switch too)