Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 180mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:20 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 180mm f2.8 Reply with quote

Need help, is this the "Zebra" version? Serials number 732xxxx. Seller says it's Pentacon 6 or Exakta mount, I believe it's the M42, probably Pentacon 6 with the M42 adapter. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
yes, it is a pentacon six lens with m42 adapter. the zebra ring is the beginning of the adapter. the focus ring is original, but be aware, it is very fragile. these versions also have very often a defective aperture (easy to repair)
regards

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this version of the lens is called "Star Wars". But the adapter comes from the zebra version.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very attractive looking lens. You could also use that adapter for other P6 or Exakta 66 lenses which can often be picked up inexpensively. I got a Biometar 80 a while back for 39 dollars.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all the valuable information!!

I will be very carefully on using the ring, probably not use the lens often because its massive body Smile, but for $85 I couldn't reject. I remember a review mentioned it's an early zebra version I think it must be wrong. The SN shows it's a 1965 product, the zebra lenses were made bit later. I may look at the Biometar 50/4 and 80/2.8 too if see a good deal.

Thank You Dog