Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zenitar 16mm Fish Eye
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject: Zenitar 16mm Fish Eye Reply with quote

Started using my Zenitar after lying unloved in my camera bag for fair old while. Oddly enough found it strangely versatile providing you choose your subjects wisely and remember to have a horizontal in the middle. Neither of these have been defished.
[/url]
[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

On APS-C? Without filter? Thanks. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice for a rather obscure aftermarket name. Anyone know who made this lens?

My only experience with a 16mm fisheye was the fine old Minolta MC 16mm f/3.5. It was a quite impressive lens, and it was with this lens that I also learned about the trick to keeping the lens pointed at a horizontal. Once you've tumbled to this fact, they can end up being quite versatile -- especially with landscapes and scenics where there aren't any significant verticals. But they're also fantastic for exaggerating effects when that's what you're after.

Minolta SRT-101, Minolta MC 16mm f/3.5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Like 1 Like 1

On APS-C? Without filter? Thanks. Smile

Yes sorry forgot that bit, Fuji X-T10 with no filter.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Very nice for a rather obscure aftermarket name. Anyone know who made this lens?

Zenitar (Russian: Зенитар) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zenitar

Maybe not so obscure? Smile (Try searching mflenses for Zenitar)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know it was Russian. The name sounds like that given to many off-brand Japanese and Korean optics: Rokunar, Albinar, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

My only experience with a 16mm fisheye was the fine old Minolta MC 16mm f/3.5. It was a quite impressive lens, and it was with this lens that I also learned about the trick to keeping the lens pointed at a horizontal. Once you've tumbled to this fact, they can end up being quite versatile -- especially with landscapes and scenics where there aren't any significant verticals. But they're also fantastic for exaggerating effects when that's what you're after.

Minolta SRT-101, Minolta MC 16mm f/3.5

The Zenitar 2.8/16mm Fisheye is not that obscure - in fact it is not even much worse than the Minolta MC Fisheye you mentioned. And, BTW, the Minolta is an 2.8/16mm too Wink

Stephan