Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can you identify this mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:52 am    Post subject: Can you identify this mount Reply with quote

Hi there from a new member

Brought this Hanimex 24mm f/2.8 lens at a recent Brisbane auction, and can't identify the mount - been through those excellent sites by rick ollssen (is that his name) as well as the KEH site, Standard bayonet mount, but with a nouch on the LHS (looking at it), as distinct from the Motorola or Konica mounts , where the notch is on the RHS or the center. Nil else, no prongs, lens set back about 3 or 4 mm from mount.

Anyone help ?? Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried to quote message to get image shown, but am not tech savvy, and using a phone with which I have a love/hate relationship. Anyways, welcome and hopefully someone smarter than myself will be along shortly...

Last edited by Alun Thomas on Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: Can you identify this mount Reply with quote

Logan_derm wrote:

Brought this Hanimex 24mm f/2.8 lens at a recent Brisbane auction, and can't identify the mount - been through those excellent sites by rick ollssen (is that his name) as well as the KEH site, Standard bayonet mount, but with a nouch on the LHS (looking at it), as distinct from the Motorola or Konica mounts , where the notch is on the RHS or the center. Nil else, no prongs, lens set back about 3 or 4 mm from mount.

Anyone help ?? Thanks

Here we go
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: Can you identify this mount Reply with quote

Logan_derm wrote:

Anyone help ?? Thanks

On Contax/Yashica the notch is on the left side. But I'm not sure....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it could be Contax/Yashica mount to me
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Looks like it could be Contax/Yashica mount to me
Tom

Agreed! I've got a "Y/CX" tele-converter in my "junk" box which looks identical, with the off-set notch in the flange.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Can you identify this mount Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Logan_derm wrote:

Anyone help ?? Thanks

Here we go
Tom

I'm pretty sure that is an M42 screw lens with an extra adapter attached, probably Minolta or Contax/Yashica. You can see the automatic diaphragm pin inside the adapter, and the two holes for the key originally supplied to make it easier to remove from cameras.

The adapter should just unscrew anticlockwise from the rear. If it's tight try using the rear cap for leverage.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Oldhand and Dave

I agree, looks like Contax/Yashica. I'll try your suggestion Dave

Thanks again, logan_derm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David - You're Brilliant

Had a good look - sure enough, pressing that pin in moved the aperture. Had the devil's own job getting that Contax/Yashica adapter off, eventually had to mostly pull it apart, destroying it, to get it off

Presto - f/2.8 28mm with M42 with pin - all works - much more use to me than original

Thanks for that, and kindest Regards

logan_derm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logan_derm wrote:
David - You're Brilliant

Had a good look - sure enough, pressing that pin in moved the aperture. Had the devil's own job getting that Contax/Yashica adapter off, eventually had to mostly pull it apart, destroying it, to get it off

Presto - f/2.8 28mm with M42 with pin - all works - much more use to me than original

Thanks for that, and kindest Regards

logan_derm

Excellent – glad it worked out for you. Welcome Turtle