Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon m42 optical adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject: Nikon m42 optical adapter Reply with quote

Anyone know how to calcluate the right lens.

To my big surprise my Nikon-T2 adapter fit to my scrappy Helios 44M. What sort of lens one needs to get infinity. (I know that it's not going to be the best of lenses, but usable would be nice Smile )

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a lensed adaptor to use My helios on a Nikon (APSC). Results were ok, soft at the corners at f2 but at f4 significantly better. I dont know about full frame though. I know they can be modified to suit the Nikon. Both items have been discussed on this forum.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
I bought a lensed adaptor to use My helios on a Nikon (APSC). Results were ok, soft at the corners at f2 but at f4 significantly better. I dont know about full frame though. I know they can be modified to suit the Nikon. Both items have been discussed on this forum.

modification was my first intent but realized I could make lensed adapter pretty easy, I might just try different lenses

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps a thinner nikon-m42 adapter with element removed would place infinity focus within the range of lens focus adjustments.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Perhaps a thinner nikon-m42 adapter with element removed would place infinity focus within the range of lens focus adjustments.

This one is 11 mm thick and focus range is about 30 cm.

I am not going to use it any further, I just happen to access to Nikon F for some unknown time and could take some pictures with this unorthodox combo. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

You can't focus further than about 1.5 metres even with the lens held against the mount.

But Helios's are relatively easy to adjust infinity focus