Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Exaktar lens tested, made by Petri?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject: Exaktar lens tested, made by Petri? Reply with quote

Hello guys, I bought this 55mm f/1.7 out of curiosity. I looks like it may have been made by Petri. What do you think?

The build quality has a plastic feel. The aperture is clickless. Image quality is good and it's sharp all the way out to the edges. But there is a bit of glow at 1.7.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
yes, indeed a petri lens. an excellent lens with a very unique and wonderful bokeh, very funky, but i love it. i have a few of them, some with 1,7 and some with 1,8 max. aperture. highly recommended, but the mfd of 0,6 m is not good.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

planet.groove wrote:
hi,
yes, indeed a petri lens. an excellent lens with a very unique and wonderful bokeh, very funky, but i love it. i have a few of them, some with 1,7 and some with 1,8 max. aperture. highly recommended, but the mfd of 0,6 m is not good.

Thanks, then it's my first Petri lens! On a more detailed examination I think it's metal and not plastic.
The 0.6m was not an issue, it was attached to a helicoid adapter to get very close focus.

Which is your favorite, 1.8 or 1.7 version?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
i think the 1,7 and the 1,8 versions are the same lens,
just different by the name ring. there are also versions with clickless aperture and versions with
normal aperture. and versions with a strange m42 mount with 2 pins for a later exakta camera.
greetings