Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for cheap macro lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:28 am    Post subject: Looking for cheap macro lens Reply with quote

Hello. I need 50mm at least, by preferably wider macro lens. I don't care much about mount, because this will be used on Sony NEX via adapter. I also don't care about aperture - it can be even F8, since this is going to be used in machine vision project. I don't care for external looks too - no one going to see this lens. What I'm looking is perfect optical condition and low price. It should be able to focus from at least 20cm distance from the subject.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm speaking from personal experience here. I truly believe that the best bang for the buck around when it comes to macro lenses is the Nikon 55mm f/3.5 Micro-Nikkor. I dunno why, but for some reason, the 55mm Nikon Micros are selling for really cheap these days. You can find a good selection on eBay for under $50. Sometimes even under $30. I just don't understand it. Why? Because the 55mm f/3.5 Micro is one of the sharpest macro lenses you will ever come across.

I own three pre-AI 55/3.5 Micros, two which have the original pre-AI aperture ring and one that's been AI'd by Nikon. I wish they were selling for what they're worth, and I'd have sold mine by now.

I'll sell you either of my Micros with the pre-AI rings for $40+shipping. Both show wear, but both have mint glass and function correctly. If you're interested, I can PM you with photos. Or you can shop eBay. It makes no difference to me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check PM please.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Skyvik Singi X model and it's great for taking macro pics. there's also another model Nulls Clash Signi One...this one is good too.
BTW, which device are you using? depending on that, I can suggest better.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have too many spammers here. Laugh 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enlarger lenses are a good budget option for macro. Mount via a M42 helicoid (or tubes if a fixed magnification suits your application) & probably a m39-m42 ring.
Most of my 50mm copies have been under £5 and they all work well!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://alexnld.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akkiv wrote:
Can anyone suggest a macro lens that i can use with iPhone for macro-photography?
i, too, searched for them and come across Skyvik Signi macro lens. any opinion on this one?
whatsapp mod download

Skyvik Singi X model and it's great for taking macro pics. there's also another model yowhatsapp apk Signi One...this one is good too.