Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A new toy.... Bower 135/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: A new toy.... Bower 135/3.5 Reply with quote

Just received this today,my guess is it is a Sigma judging by the little "E" symbol.

It is a preset T mount with 15 blades.It seems odd that it's blades are set halfway up the lens.At the rear it has a large hollow before you see the rear glass then the blades then the front glass. It may be a while before I can post film samples from this lens...I have a back log of undeveloped rolls Embarassed
It was a $5au special so I thought why not..what is another 135 lens to my collection Very Happy
Anyone else used Bower lenses?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are lucky it will render nice colors at least, if not ... Most Sigma made MF lens pretty crappy. I hope this is better, please share with us your experience.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Mo . . .

I found your post while researching a Bower 135mm f3.5 preset . . . this one:

Click here to see on Ebay

Are the differences between your lens and that lens not interesting? I find your lens to be the more unusual lens by far. The auction lens is akin to the ubiquitous Vivitar and Soligar preset lenses of its era.

It is interesting that Bower appears to be merely another marketer of lenses made by others.

Should I ever run across a lens like yours, Mo, I would consider purchase. The auction lens not so much.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed this post at the time - sorry Mo.
Yes this does look like one of the pair of presets in the Sears brand (there was also a 35mm) that seem to be the first Sigma lenses.
Bower was indeed a rebrander.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sears/Sigma duo.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys,better late than never Very Happy .I have long forgotten this post and I am not sure what I have done with the lens...it may be buried in a box somewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Thanks Guys,better late than never Very Happy .I have long forgotten this post and I am not sure what I have done with the lens...it may be buried in a box somewhere.

Hi guys.

I ask the follow

Do any of you know anything about the lens Bower 200/4,5 preset old fashion one?