Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Miranda 24mm F2.8 Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:47 am    Post subject: Miranda 24mm F2.8 Macro Reply with quote

A lens that came in a bundle I bought a while back, comes in MD mount looks to be some kind of Tokina rebranded lens, It needed a clean as there was some strands of fungus appearing on the inner lens, so i took it apart today and cleaned it.
Pretty easy once the front ring that was glued down was removed.
Overall it does have some interesting characters, I think it works well as a close up Macro and getting some shots from Short range, as a Landscape lens, it is a bit mushy even at F8, See the image of the Bike, it's a little soft.

Overall for a cheap 24mm I think you can get some good shots from it and as it is very small. easy to carry in the bag

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Miranda 24mm F2.8 Macro Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
A lens that came in a bundle I bought a while back, comes in MD mount looks to be some kind of Tokina rebranded lens

I have one in OM mount. It is made by Cosina, not Tokina.
Not my favourite lens TBH, very noticeable field curvature and quite a low contrast. Has its own character though indeed.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the same lens that comes branded as Ensinor, Clubman, and Exacta, with a 52mm filter thread?

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy Leica Fox wrote:
Is this the same lens that comes branded as Ensinor, Clubman, and Exacta, with a 52mm filter thread?

No, the lenses you are talking about were manufactured afaik by Cimko. This one is Cosina.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Crazy Leica Fox wrote:

No, the lenses you are talking about were manufactured afaik by Cimko. This one is Cosina.

Thank you! Thank You Dog