Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax Distagon 35/2.8 rare orange zebra version
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: Contax Distagon 35/2.8 rare orange zebra version Reply with quote

Some internet idiot said there are infinity adjustment screws under the focusing rubber and another idiot believed that. Can't just figure out which one is wrong: camera or lens? Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel you.

That's the problem with rubber: easy to take off, but it might not want to sit back.
Caoutchouc is hard to nightmare to take off, but it will shrink to original size even if old.

When gluing rubber back I'm using a rope to tighten it.
You're still screwed if the rubber is way too worn out though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I've googled Contax Distagon 35/2.8 and it looks like it has hard (synthetic) caoutchouc focusing ring, not the soft rubber one.
I think you may have forced it off a bit more harshly than needed.

You have to patiently stretch hard rubber by jamming stuff underneath before taking it off.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or both are wrong. Unlike a stopped clock which is correct twice each day.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going seriously nuts with this lens.

Can't get the front ring moving, even drilled a small hole to it to get leverage. Can it be glued to the lens. Shocked

Next I thought is this one of those you dismantle from the back. Removed mount an aperture ring: I see lots of screws -- from the other side. Mad

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commiserations.

You could try wetting a cotton bud in wd40 and wiping it around the gap between barrel and ring. It should get into the threads that way. Then come back to it each day and see if it moves. That's my method for stubborn name rings.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
Commiserations.

Thank you!