Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 35-105mm f/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:23 am    Post subject: Soligor 35-105mm f/3.5 Reply with quote

When searching in this forum, I couldn't find anything but searching through google pointed quite a few posts. I should have followed one of the original ones.

Have been interested in this lens for quite a long time for the zoom range and the constant aperture. It is part of the C/D series made by Tokina. Bought a Canon mount with some issues so bought a Nikon mount again. Rear element has some slight haze. Overall good performance. Macro function is neat. MDM is long. Lens is heavy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice examples. I have the same Tokina lens rebranded as Hoya. Here are posts re the Hoya version.

http://forum.mflenses.com/hoya-hmc-zoom-and-macro-35-105mm-f-3-5-t69676,highlight,%2Bhoya+%2Bzoom.html

http://forum.mflenses.com/hoya-hmc-3-5-35-105-t69313,highlight,%2Bhoya.html

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any relation to this Vivitar Close Focusing Auto Zoom, which is a TX Mount Tokina made lens? And a rather good lens, especially for £3 Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Nice examples. I have the same Tokina lens rebranded as Hoya. Here are posts re the Hoya version.

http://forum.mflenses.com/hoya-hmc-zoom-and-macro-35-105mm-f-3-5-t69676,highlight,%2Bhoya+%2Bzoom.html

http://forum.mflenses.com/hoya-hmc-3-5-35-105-t69313,highlight,%2Bhoya.html

Thanks. Didn't know Hoya had one. If it is 72mm, then should be Tokina. Interesting people like its color. Same feeling here. My a7ii usually gives quite flat color for Tokina made lenses (which I am used to and don't dislike) but this one gives slightly vivid feel.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Any relation to this Vivitar Close Focusing Auto Zoom, which is a TX Mount Tokina made lens? And a rather good lens, especially for £3 Very Happy

That's a good deal. I got both for around $25 including shipping. Yes, I think it is the same lens. I have got a JCPenney 35-105 but with 62mm front diameter. I suspect that is sun made.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

That's a good deal. I got both for around $25 including shipping. Yes, I think it is the same lens. I have got a JCPenney 35-105 but with 62mm front diameter. I suspect that is sun made.

It also lbears a close resemblance to the Vivitar 135mm f2.8 Close Focusing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vivitar Close focussing 135mm is a Komine lens and a 1:2 Macro, This is a Tokina made Zoom with macro range. I don't see a lot of resemblance. It would be interesting to compare this lens to the SMC Pentax-A 35-105mm 1:3.5.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens is one of what I call tokina's "heavy metal" range - late 1970's I reckon - in vivitar guise. There are two versions, a straight barrel and a stovepipe. I have the similar 2 ring tokina 70-210mm f3.5 - precursor to the 70-210mm f3.5 RMC, precursor to the vivitar series 1 70-210mm version 2. Also includes 100-300mm f5, 75-260mm f4.5 I think both of these can be found as vivs/soligors.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:

The Vivitar TX is the version 2 of the Tokina 35-105 (you see the difference with the macro position beyond mfd / in the 1st versio you had to pull the focal ring to get macro)
The Tx versions were NEVER sold by soligor (remember Soligor (Allimatsu corp) left a very high debt to Tokina's when they bankrupted in 1978)
The third version was the Hoya clone with macro (extension) ring beetween focal and distance ring