Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hugo Meyer Primoplan 10cm F1.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:15 pm    Post subject: Hugo Meyer Primoplan 10cm F1.9 Reply with quote

Hi, does anybody have experience with Hugo Meyer Primoplan 10cm F1.9? I found one in really good condition, but I don´t know how much should I pay and what is optical qualiy of this lens.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost never found in any condition so price is ???????
Made by Meyer so it will be good - and no I have never seen one.
My advice - if you can afford it - buy it.
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Hugo Meyer Primoplan 10cm F1.9 Reply with quote

milann88 wrote:
Hi, does anybody have experience with Hugo Meyer Primoplan 10cm F1.9? I found one in really good condition, but I don´t know how much should I pay and what is optical qualiy of this lens.

Don't know, if reliable, but see here please.... https://collectiblend.com/Lenses/Meyer,-Hugo/100mm-f1.9-Primoplan-(Exakta).html

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's being sold for more than 7000$ on eBay at the moment. Definitely a rare lens and collectors item. If you search some Flickr galleries you will find it produces quite and interesting bokeh too.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Tom

Price is about 1200$ and condition is perfect, but I don´t know if price on ebay is not just hype.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milann88 wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Tom

Price is about 1200$ and condition is perfect, but I don´t know if price on ebay is not just hype.

Buy it and sell it, use the profit to buy other lenses you want.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
milann88 wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Tom

Buy it and sell it, use the profit to buy other lenses you want.

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 Laugh 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject: Image quality of the @Primoplan 100mm f1.9 Reply with quote

Hi,
I have one which came to me as part of a set for Reflex Korelle III.
All I can say is that this is the most beautiful lens and the image quality is superb.
Posting photos taken with lens mounted on Nikon FA and 2 portraits on Nikon FA /Portra 400 also one with Nikon d3400.

Last edited by Plexigringo on Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Image quality of the Primoplan 100mm f1.9 Reply with quote

Plexigringo wrote:
All I can say is that this is the most beautiful lens and the image quality is superb.

Wow! Superb.

Like 1 Like 1

I have a new Meyer lens to lust after.

Laugh 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an avid Meyer fan/collector all i can say is wow!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:40 pm    Post subject: More sample photos / Primoplan 100mm f1.9 Reply with quote

All taken with Nikon FA / Portra 400

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Primoplan 100mm on Reflex Korelle + sample photos Reply with quote

Here is a photo how this lens looks like on it's original camera with additional photo of the unique lens mount + some more sample shots, all taken with Nikon FA on Portra 400 (last two on Cinestill 800T )

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plexigringo, more delightful shots. Have you used the Reflex Korelle? Very interesting camera.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject: Have you used the Reflex Korelle? Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Plexigringo, more delightful shots. Have you used the Reflex Korelle? Very interesting camera.

No I have not, this camera was left by it's owner, my girlfriends grandpa, with jammed shutter winding knob.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject: ...and more sample photos :-) Reply with quote

All by Nikon FA on Portra 160 and 400

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Image quality of the Primoplan 100mm f1.9 Reply with quote

Wow Plexigringo they are indeed fabulous photos. I especially like the last one of the young lady with the amazing hair.

The lens is a keeper for sure 😀📷

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uff, i'd love to see 6x6 samples.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful sharp, very happy with this photo, mounted on Nikon D750.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject: My son / rare chance for a portrait :-) Reply with quote

My son, Tege / rare chance for taking a portrait Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milann88 wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Tom

The cheapest I can find right now (in China) is roughly 8k. I wouldn't even think twice getting it for 1.2k, but just make sure its proper cause finding spare parts is impossible.
PS: If you don't like it I'd be happy to buy it from you Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject: Nikon FA, Primoplan 100 f1.9, Cinestill 800T Reply with quote

there has been no room for wider DOF, light source was 40W bedside lamp, taken without tripod at 1/30.