Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Tessar T* 3,5/35mm from the YASHICA T4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Tessar T* 3,5/35mm from the YASHICA T4 Reply with quote

The famous tiny 4-element Carl Zeiss T* TESSAR 3,5/35mm lens also called "the Eagle Eye" was mounted into an Contax camera bayonet plastic cap, and used with an adaptor on a Sony A7 camera for close-up shots! The lens has no focussing ring, nor can it be stopped down. The lens must be taken wide open with f/3,5 and for focussing the camera must moved back- or forward with care, because the DOF is very small with this tiny lens.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Nice results! How's the working distance? Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

what happened to the poor T4?

you know that they are worth 400 euros today?
https://kameratori.fi/product/yashica-t4-2/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Like 1 Like 1 Nice results! How's the working distance? Smile

The working distance is unfortunately 10cm only!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Shocked

what happened to the poor T4?

you know that they are worth 400 euros today?
https://kameratori.fi/product/yashica-t4-2/

The lens was taken from a broken YASHICA T4 !

My beloved YASHICA T4 I've donated to an poor old lady who could not afford to buy such a little camera!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OPAL wrote:

My beloved YASHICA T4 I've donated to an poor old lady who could not afford to buy such a little camera!

Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
OPAL wrote:

Laugh 1

Nothing to smile about it
Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a colour festival!

I've been searching for some samples from this lens adapted and found this set up. While Ultrapix, you seem to have the same lens on focusing helicoid. How about mid-range shots, would you post some examples? Too curious.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
What a colour festival!

I've been searching for some samples from this lens adapted and found this set up. While Ultrapix, you seem to have the same lens on focusing helicoid. How about mid-range shots, would you post some examples? Too curious.

I can post samples from my EOS R, that doesn't look to love too much short FL that work close to the sensor. Beside that, if you can live with purple corners, the lens shines, and would be even better if it was possible to stop down it.

I'll post here ASAP.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting!

I imagine some of the flaws dissapear once you make a nice BW conversion.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if you'd be able to squeeze a short helicoid in these days, to allow you to manually focus. The lens should have an FFD requirement of around 35mm (shouldn't it?). I'm not sure what the FFD is on the Sony A7 cameras.

Last edited by Sciolist on Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
I wonder if you'd be able to squeeze a short helicoid in, these days, to allow focusing. The lens should have an FFD requirement of around 35mm (shouldn't it?). I'm not sure what the FFD is on the Sony A7 cameras.

I did, mine focuses up to infinity on mirrorless cameras

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultrapix wrote:
Sciolist wrote:
I wonder if you'd be able to squeeze a short helicoid in, these days, to allow focusing. The lens should have an FFD requirement of around 35mm (shouldn't it?). I'm not sure what the FFD is on the Sony A7 cameras.

I did, mine focuses up to infinity on mirrorless cameras

Cool Like 1 .

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am going to share some pictures taken with a Tessar 35 coming from a broken Yashica T (original model). No artistic pictures, just some quick samples.

The lens itself:

the pics, JPGS SOOC, untouched, only resized at 1600 px:

and finally, a 100% crop:

That's all, folks Laugh 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah! That's impressive. I love the look of the lens too. Like 1 .

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
Woah! That's impressive. I love the look of the lens too. Like 1 .

Definitely 100% brass looking and awesome ,wonder what could I do with a T2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great sharpness and character. Thanks for the nice samples!

I see now what you meant speaking about purple corners. Some of your shots show that it might be an expressive feature with darkened extremities. For ex. shots #6, 10, 11, 12 make the "main" object pop up stronger thanks to that. It looks attractive.

The same in BW conversion. Pushing contrasts you get an especially dramatic picture with dark corners. I did it with your #12 with hope you don't mind against playing with your test material.

The adaptation is intriguing. Did you make or ordered a dedicated brass adapter based on the size of the lens?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:

The adaptation is intriguing. Did you make or ordered a dedicated brass adapter based on the size of the lens?

My starting point was an LTM 39 to M bayonet adapter; then i worked brass plates on my lathe, filed, welded and so on. This lens would give its best on a Leica sensor, while my R doesn't like too much short non-retrofocus lenses. Of course, for creative purposes it has its strong points, but I don't think I will use it all that much. I mainly enjoyed to craft it, I was in love with triplet cap-lenses like Perar etc, and I wanted one too

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And so you got your Perar, but T* coated. Great job!