Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NIKKOR "O" 35/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:19 am    Post subject: NIKKOR "O" 35/2 Reply with quote

I like this one:
sharp since wide open on a large part of the picture, deep and warm colors, they say it to be scared by backlight, but it's not an issue that I meet often in my way of shooting, so really happy from this return (I already had it in various editions many years ago).
All untouched JPGs!

Wide open:

@ 11:

From wide open to 1:8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Results look good to me 👍

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Results look good to me 👍

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: NIKKOR "O" 35/2 Reply with quote

Ultrapix wrote:

Great shots - seems like a capable lens! I absolutely love #3 - it‘s such a beautiful capture. Excellent work!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: NIKKOR "O" 35/2 Reply with quote

[quote="simple.joy"]
Ultrapix wrote:

Great shots - seems like a capable lens! I absolutely love #3 - it‘s such a beautiful capture. Excellent work!

Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's one of Nikon's best achievements. I had the -O version and the AI version.

I also own the coveted Canon FD 35/2 concave chrome nose. Even though in tests the Canon is better in sharpness wide open, the Nikkor has better ergonomics!! And the Nikkor has excellent rendering of out of focus areas too, perhaps better.

I also had the Carl Zeiss Jena MC Flektogon 35/2.4, another great lens in many aspects, but only f2.4 in speed.

I also had the Pentax M 35/2.0, smaller than all of these but too big for my Pentax MX (lol). And wide open performance was the inferior of all the lenses i've listed.

In other words, as a practical photographical lens, the Nikkor is the best 35/2 lens i've had.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flavio81 wrote:

I also own the coveted Canon FD 35/2 concave chrome nose. Even though in tests the Canon is better in sharpness wide open, the Nikkor has better ergonomics!! And the Nikkor has excellent rendering of out of focus areas too, perhaps better.

I also had the Carl Zeiss Jena MC Flektogon 35/2.4, another great lens in many aspects, but only f2.4 in speed.

I also had the Pentax M 35/2.0, smaller than all of these but too big for my Pentax MX (lol). And wide open performance was the inferior of all the lenses i've listed.

In other words, as a practical photographical lens, the Nikkor is the best 35/2 lens i've had.

Like 1 small

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultrapix wrote:
flavio81 wrote:

Like 1 small

Maybe not as practical, but the Wollensak Velostigmat (military version called the Fastax Raptar) 35mm f2 is a lot of fun, and extremely sharp in the center

Another fun one is the Zuiko 35mm f2 taken from an old Olympus rangefinder. I love the bokeh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kymarto wrote:
Ultrapix wrote:
flavio81 wrote:

Like 1 small

Maybe not as practical, but the Wollensak Velostigmat (military version called the Fastax Raptar) 35mm f2 is a lot of fun, and extremely sharp in the center

Another fun one is the Zuiko 35mm f2 taken from an old Olympus rangefinder. I love the bokeh

Nice results, on this occasion however I was really looking for a practical solution, because it is one of those lenses that I stuff in my duffle bag with zooms to have an edge of brightness and also agility in professional reportage, often to be fished in the dark and handled without too much difficulty.
During one of my last shoots, I misplaced a Canon RF 35 1.8, a really winning lens for professional use, and while waiting to buy it back (or maybe replace it with some other solution that will come up in the future), I've been looking for a fascinating and inexpensive substitute (I only paid 75 euros for the Nikkor), one that allows me both to work with it and to have fun with it (possibly at the same time).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultrapix wrote:
kymarto wrote:
Ultrapix wrote:
flavio81 wrote:

Like 1 small

Nice results, on this occasion however I was really looking for a practical solution, because it is one of those lenses that I stuff in my duffle bag with zooms to have an edge of brightness and also agility in professional reportage, often to be fished in the dark and handled without too much difficulty.
During one of my last shoots, I misplaced a Canon RF 35 1.8, a really winning lens for professional use, and while waiting to buy it back (or maybe replace it with some other solution that will come up in the future), I've been looking for a fascinating and inexpensive substitute (I only paid 75 euros for the Nikkor), one that allows me both to work with it and to have fun with it (possibly at the same time).

The Nikkor 35mm f2 is indeed a very nice lens. I keep wondering if I should pick up their 35mm f1.4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wollensak 35/2 Raptar in Fastax mount used to show up in the Junk Bins of the camera shows, $2. These were expensive lenses when new, I have an original price guide. The Wollensak 51mm F1.5 also showed up in the Junk Bin. I sold mine for $600 about 10 years ago. a 100x gain.

I converted one to Contax RF mount using a Jupiter-12 mount. I wanted a fast 35 for my Contax IIIa, and I have a number of very good J-12's.
The second- I gave to Chris at Skyllaney as a gift. He converted it to M-Mount.

The Nikkor-O 35/2: Nikon revised the optical formula early on. If someone gives it a bad review, thay have the original. The Nikkor-O 35/2 used to sell at KEH for more that the multicoated version. Wedding photographers preferred it for the lower contrast. Mine is factory Ai converted.