Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax Distagon 35/2.8 focus ring adjust
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject: Contax Distagon 35/2.8 focus ring adjust Reply with quote

How do you do it? AEJ I think.

Seems it is totally off, can't get to infinity.

Don't have a clue how that happened. Shocked Confused

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's the same as the 50mm then there's three screws under the rubber grip that need to be loosened (don't remove them) to allow the focus ring to rotate.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

monopix wrote:
If it's the same as the 50mm then there's three screws under the rubber grip that need to be loosened (don't remove them) to allow the focus ring to rotate.

No it is not, tried that.

I think it is similar to 25/2.8, looked a youtbe vide. You have to remove the name plate first. But I think it is glued and can't get it turning. Also the adjustment looks very tricky.

irritating timelapse effect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxHypmbfiZM

edit: actually it is the whole front element group that comes off. I can't figure out if the back element somehow locks the front element too?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody ,just bought a 28mm 2.8 MMJ version that has the front group wobbling around ,otherwise everything looks worn but usable and it takes nice pics. Any clue ,if there might me an easy way to get to tight up that front group? Many thanx. I have other zeiss c/y but none with issues till now, I thought they would all be tough like rocks .