Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What is the mechanism behind DRO?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: What is the mechanism behind DRO? Reply with quote

Shutter speed, aperture or ISO doesn´t varies when you take a DRO serie, but the images are still different. Does this mean that digital imaging is taking place inside the camera and reduces the picture quality just like when adjusting it in programs such as Aurora etc.?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: What is the mechanism behind DRO? Reply with quote

Eriksen wrote:
Shutter speed, aperture or ISO doesn´t varies when you take a DRO serie, but the images are still different. Does this mean that digital imaging is taking place inside the camera and reduces the picture quality just like when adjusting it in programs such as Aurora etc.?

As it affects primarily JPG processing I would assume that there isn't much difference to post processing optimization. I'am basically a RAW shooter, therefore I don't use such in camera functionalities.
However, if set to Auto, it may under certain circumstances affect the exposure, even when shooting RAW.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: What is the mechanism behind DRO? Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Eriksen wrote:

As it affects primarily JPG processing I would assume that there isn't much difference to post processing optimization. I'am basically a RAW shooter, therefore I don't use such in camera functionalities.
However, if set to Auto, it may under certain circumstances affect the exposure, even when shooting RAW.

Post processing outside camera often involves much more computing power, allowing for much more optimization...