Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some examples using Nik Analog Efex
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject: Some examples using Nik Analog Efex Reply with quote

I have had Analog Efex for quite some time but seldom used it, preferring to use Color Efex for color work and Silver Efex for conversion to mono. What put me off was that the default settings for Analog Efex are "plug ugly" - far too strong and look nothing like any analog image I have ever seen. But I found that by experimenting, creating and saving your own templates and sensitive experimentation it is possible to get some interesting and pleasurable effects. I will not say my approach necessarily results in images that look especially like analog images in all instances. But I do like some of the results that can be had. I would only say that the results can be a little unpredictable. Settings which work with one image may not work with another or may produce a different outcome than expected - in which case more experimentation is the answer. In any event I have decided I like the software and here are some of my experiments. You will notice I prefer more artistic and emotional interpretations that in some cases look more like paintings. This approach may not suit everyone's tastes but it sure is an interesting way to approach photography.

Sensei by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

We are such stuff as dreams are made on by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

We are such stuff as dreams are made on by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

Tasting by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

Market Cafe Study 6 by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

Market Cafe Study 5 by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

Street Shots - Las Tre Amigas by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

Street Shots - Cinematic by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops I doubled up one image. Please ignore that and substitute this one instead.

Cocolat by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, when Peter Lik apologises for pasting the moon in front of the clouds and calling it fine art, we can all start feeling meek about our own interpretations and expressions. Until then...

I like them all actually, but I'm particularly struck by the pensive woman (#4) having a moment to herself amongst the hubbub of life around her. Nicely caught and then expressed.

Like 1