Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Lenses + Pruefprojektor for TV camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:07 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Lenses + Pruefprojektor for TV camera Reply with quote

I was lucky to find the following equipment made by Carl Zeiss Jena for their 3" Orthikon Fernsehkamera FUK (TV camera)
with 24 x 32mm format, made from 1963 onwards (announced Jan 1963):

- Carl Zeiss Jena VISIONAR 1.9/141mm with factory built in iris for TV camera (only 19 ever made)
- Carl Zeiss Jena Pruefprojektor with built in 1:1 macro lens for the calibration of TV camera lenses

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Carl Zeiss Jena Lenses + Pruefprojektor for TV camera Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
I was lucky to find the following equipment made by Carl Zeiss Jena for their 3" Orthikon Fernsehkamera FUK (TV camera)

Wouldn't it be better, these days, to write " ... their 3" Orthikon Fernsehkamera F** .." ???

Wink

Stephan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:51 am    Post subject: correct nomenclature? Reply with quote

I presume thet the "kurzel" has a meaning (fernseh ?unterricht? kamera)? so rather than bow to the unhealthy American preoccupation with procreation and bodily functions and using that for swear words, (rather than sound expresssions of anger like various demon names as used in Scandinavia), I propose that one should stick with the original nomenclature while avoiding demonic swear words as abbreviations It would by the way be interesting to have more info on how the device was used.

p

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Carl Zeiss Jena Lenses + Pruefprojektor for TV camera Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Wouldn't it be better, these days, to write " ... their 3" Orthikon Fernsehkamera F** .." ???

Wink

Stephan

Nope Stephan, there is no "c" in it Wink ... and I never gave much about being PC (as in "politically correct") Wink

paulhofseth wrote:
I presume thet the "kurzel" has a meaning (fernseh ?unterricht? kamera)? so rather than bow to the unhealthy American preoccupation with procreation and bodily functions and using that for swear words, (rather than sound expresssions of anger like various demon names as used in Scandinavia), I propose that one should stick with the original nomenclature while avoiding demonic swear words as abbreviations It would by the way be interesting to have more info on how the device was used.

p

Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Laugh 1

Will do once I find it... Wink

But the principle of reverse lens projection may be taken from this source here: https://www.photonics.com/Article.aspx?AID=64357
It is a very common tool and practise for professional film production equipment testing

Last edited by kds315* on Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: knob Reply with quote

the knob at the rear controlling brightness, Does it operate the lens aperture or control a scondary light sosurce?

p.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Carl Zeiss Jena Lenses + Pruefprojektor for TV camera Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

Nope Stephan, there is no "c" in it Wink

Yeah, I know ... but one has to be careful these days ... Wink

kds315* wrote:

... and I never gave much about being PC (as in "politically correct") Wink

Good to know Wink

S

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: knob Reply with quote

paulhofseth wrote:
the knob at the rear controlling brightness, Does it operate the lens aperture or control a scondary light sosurce?

p.

The latter it does, there is a built in light source.