Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak's Mobile Film Scanner
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:52 am    Post subject: Kodak's Mobile Film Scanner Reply with quote

A member over at the Pentax forums posted a note about this app, which is available for both Android and Apple devices, so I decided to check it out. It's a free app and it's made by Kodak, so I was thinking it might be worth taking a look at.

Well, I didn't have any negatives handy or a light box for slides, so what I did was, I located some negative duplicates I'd made with my Sony NEX on my computer, and brought up a few of these negative images in my favorite photo editing software.

The app is easy to use. You just point it at the negative and click. The image that is displayed on your phone (or whatever) before you take the shot is the positive, if you're shooting negatives, so you're able to get an idea as to exactly what it is that the image contains. There are several post processing steps you can take to enhance the photo. All in all, I'd say I'm impressed. I will use it more just for the convenience of it, if for no other reason.

So, check it out, and let us know what you think.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to email these images to myself to get them out of my phone. It's worth noting that this app apparently does not store the images, so if you capture one you like, you'd best find out some place to send it because it will disappear once you've decided to move on to the next image.

Keep in mind that the following shots were actually taken from my laptop's screen and not the negatives themselves. You can see the lines from the screen, and I'm also thinking that exposure depth suffered some as well, but hey, it is what it is. The shots aren't that bad, for what they are.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to look at this. See what it can do with colour negs. I notice in the play store there are similar products with a higher rating too. Thanks