Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon MC Yashma-N Arsat 2.8/300
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Nikon MC Yashma-N Arsat 2.8/300 Reply with quote

Uncommon fast 300mm lens, perhaps interesting for you.
Nikon MC Yashma-N Arsat 2.8/300

Photos taken with this lens
Looks average lens quality or samples are bad.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, images looks crap, like cheap zooms. I believe this pictures are bad samples really. Russians make many great lens, I guess this is also great just photographer had no clue what is the good weather for testing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens itself looks great.
But if I have to pay more than $600,- for a lens, I want it to produce excellent results.

Carsten

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Better pictures from the Yashma! Reply with quote

http://www.dchome.net/viewthread.php?tid=768444&page=1
Pictures from the yashma on a D3, looks nice Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Better pictures from the Yashma! Reply with quote

BBK wrote:
http://www.dchome.net/viewthread.php?tid=768444&page=1
Pictures from the yashma on a D3, looks nice Wink

YES! Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year to ALL!

I've used my YASHMA with an "special made automatic CONTAX bajonet mount" sucessfully for over 20 years! Now, I've got the lens back with an better and precisely machined CONTAX bayonet mount, but without the automatic diagram function, because I am using the lens now with an Contax > Sony E-mount adapter on my Sony A7 and A6000 with and without the Zeiss MUTAR II converter! Because of the lousy winter weather situations, I have not used the lens + converter on my APS-C Sony A6000, but I am looking Forward to it and will post here some images!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick hand held use of the lens wide open, adapted on my Sony A7! At the moment it is too cold outside to play with it! But I will post more images later, also with the Zeiss MutarII converter, and with my Sony A6000!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a couple shots hand held with f/2,8 and f/8 of some bush roses, with the 300/2,8 YASHMA lens, adapted to my Sony A7!!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a couple shots hand held with f/2,8 and f/8 of some bush roses, with the 300/2,8 YASHMA lens, adapted to my Sony A7!!

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are some truly weird bokeh artifacts.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OPAL wrote:

are you afraid of bees or why shoot roses with a 300mm? Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
OPAL wrote:

are you afraid of bees or why shoot roses with a 300mm? Very Happy

Not at all, but I liked to use the lens while I have these bush roses in our back yard blooming!

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
These are some truly weird bokeh artifacts.

Maybe, it's coming from the old time this manual telephoto lens was produced, the Japanese invention BOKEH was not born yet! Friends

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, I've used my YASHMA (Jaspis) MC IF 2,8/300mm adapted on my APS-C Sony A6000 for the first time with 450mm f/5,6 hand held. Image distance approx. 300m!

Nearby my house, we have here an large hospital with an helicopter roof platform. Often on weekends, these emergency helicopters flying very close over our house to make an quick emergenca landing! Time is live!

The low flying helicopter are quiet noisy, but these flights can rescue life's, so I can accept it, and I think it is good to have this emergency medial flight services available!