Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 35mm f1.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 35mm f1.9 Reply with quote

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20197/big_1892__DSC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely Chris. Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number 3 is stunning, I like the fast Vivitars, the 28 / 1.9 is one of my favourite lenses, and I shall be looking for one of these 35's now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my Vivitar 35/1.9 about 10 years ago, figuring it would probably be an OK optic to add to my kit. Honestly, I didn't shoot with it much during the ensuing years, until I started reading about how it had become a really hot number on eBay. I think I paid $40 for mine when it was just another lens by Vivitar. But after reading its glowing reviews, I took mine out and shot with it some, and I was really impressed as to just how sharp it was -- or is. It really hadn't gotten much use with my Canon DSLR because it is an FD mount lens, but after I picked up a Sony NEX 7, I started using it more, with impressive results. I'd post an image or two, but I'm on the wrong computer, and I don't have any good examples up at my website. Maybe tomorrow I can post something.

Anyway, kryss, those are some great shots, and I agree with Lloyd, that last one is a real standout.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: Vivitar 35mm f1.9 Reply with quote

Nice shots. I got two copies with Nikon mount and a Panagor 35mm f/2, which is believed to be the same lens ( I will need to do a comparison though).

The lens is a glowy wide open but could be desired for portraits.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks David,do you have shots taken with the 28mm f1.9?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Michael,I got mine from a Garage sale on a Konica camera for $20.00 kept the lens and sold Camera for $20 Laugh 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:

yes, it's a bubble bokeh monster.

Backlight. par David Lloyd, on ipernity

but it also does landscape.

Storm over Wenlock Edge par David Lloyd, on ipernity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
kryss wrote:

yes, it's a bubble bokeh monster.

Backlight. par David Lloyd, on ipernity

but it also does landscape.

Storm over Wenlock Edge par David Lloyd, on ipernity

Nice shots! I need to dig out mine and do some test shot.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 nice!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice David,I have a Vivitar(Komine)28mm F2 close focus I must try...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Klaus.....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
I bought my Vivitar 35/1.9 about 10 years ago, figuring it would probably be an OK optic to add to my kit. Honestly, I didn't shoot with it much during the ensuing years, until I started reading about how it had become a really hot number on eBay. I think I paid $40 for mine when it was just another lens by Vivitar. But after reading its glowing reviews, I took mine out and shot with it some, and I was really impressed as to just how sharp it was -- or is. It really hadn't gotten much use with my Canon DSLR because it is an FD mount lens, but after I picked up a Sony NEX 7, I started using it more, with impressive results. I'd post an image or two, but I'm on the wrong computer, and I don't have any good examples up at my website. Maybe tomorrow I can post something.

Anyway, kryss, those are some great shots, and I agree with Lloyd, that last one is a real standout.

How is it compared to the Canon FL f2.5 35mm?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, you know, that's a good question. I should do a comparison between the two. I've long loved the FL 35/2.5 for its overall "look" and edge-to-edge sharpness. And the Vivitar seems to have these same qualities. Only thing is, my comparison would be done with my APSC Sony NEX 7, unless I felt like going to the bother of shooting a roll of film. So, anyway, if I use the NEX, I won't be picking up on either lens's corners.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Hmm, you know, that's a good question. I should do a comparison between the two. I've long loved the FL 35/2.5 for its overall "look" and edge-to-edge sharpness. And the Vivitar seems to have these same qualities. Only thing is, my comparison would be done with my APSC Sony NEX 7, unless I felt like going to the bother of shooting a roll of film. So, anyway, if I use the NEX, I won't be picking up on either lens's corners.

Yes, I remembered that you liked the Canon lens. That's why I am curious.
My camera is the Fujifilm X-E1.