Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

7artisans 35mm 2.0 in M-mount - 1st test shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject: 7artisans 35mm 2.0 in M-mount - 1st test shots Reply with quote

This lens had me intrigued for some time.... 35mm, M-mount and Sonnar-design.... A local store has a silver one discounted to such a degree that it was cheaper than ordering one in China... how could I resist, cheap and next day delivery Whoo Turtle

It just came in, and did not even adjust the focus (which sometimes is needed apparently)

The bokeh has indeed some Sonnar-tendencies, which makes this lens a great companion to my Jupiter 3. Of course at 35mm and 2.0, the bokeh is less pronounced than on a 1.5/50, but it's nice nontheless.

It's considerably heavier than you would expect for a chinese lens of this compact size, and the haptics are great, focus with the tab is quick and confident, in 90 degrees from 0.7m tot infinity.

All in all, a pleasant surprise this lens.

Here a few boring test images, made with my Monochrom.

#1 - f/5.6

#2 - f/2.8

#3 - f/2.0

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very pleasing results.
Well done
Tom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Tom!

Today I took the lens out to street&bar. I have to be carefull to not have horizontal lines near the edge of the frame.
The lens has very noticeable barrel distortion, even visible on the crappy LCD of the Monochrom Mr. Green But for my normal pub&people-stuff, it shouldn't matter. Otherwise, it's totally fine, and since I don't shoot architecture, its not a big issue for me.

Last edited by Sjak on Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the cinema.

The distortion is pretty obvious due to the pattern on the ceiling. However, it learned me the lens is very usable in low light / indoors situations.

And some more bokeh, first some foreground-bokeh, and then 2 more background bokeh...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the streets Whoo Turtle