Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Images from Laowa 15mm WA Macro on FF with Stereos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject: Images from Laowa 15mm WA Macro on FF with Stereos Reply with quote

The lens can give a unique perspective for close-ups. It gives 1:1 at a working distance of under 5mm! These were taken at up to 0.2:1, with a working distance of something like 60 to 70mm.

These are the kind of images I wanted to use it for and suitable subjects and settings do not present themselves very often.

Using ultra wide-angle lenses is tricky, with a macro one it is all the more so. My technique need refinement but these images show what I want to achieve. In particular, I wanted to use it for stereos. Of course the best effect for wide angle lenses is obtained with a full frame camera, as used, but the files are huge and take much longer than my m4/3 ones to process and take up far more storage space.

This was a very dull, overcast morning, under thick cloud but these mushrooms may be at their best for only a few hours.

Some of the images were shot from a slightly higher viewpoint but, essentially, I was lying almost flat on the ground.

Sony Alpha A7r (aperture priority), Laowa 15mm f4 wide angle 1x macro lens, 1/20, 1/30 & 1/40 at f11.

The stereos are crosseye. All the images are uncropped

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Nice Buttercups & Straw Mushrooms! Got cows? Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
:1l Got cows? Laughing

Almost.

As I took some images* on the previous morning, I saw a brown shape in the background, near that pole. It was an adult
Muntjac deer. They are about the size of a fox.

*Olympus 14-45mm on EM-1. It seems I was able to zoom from 14mm to 18mm.

I was able to speak to it while I was crouched down but it fled when I stood up.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. I found a test some time ago with this lens being better than the Irix 15mm. Thanks for sharing.