Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Projection lens 50/2.0 Isco Ultra Star HD - in the fields
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject: Projection lens 50/2.0 Isco Ultra Star HD - in the fields Reply with quote

This time one of my shorter focal lengths in projection lenses, the ISCO Ultra Star HD 50mm f/2.0. I used my Sony A7 full frame camera and a quick and dirty adapter to Sony E. A bit too quick in hindsight, as the somewhat uneven vignetting shows that the adapted lens wasn't perfectly centered. Still, it gives you an idea of what the use of these lenses looks like. The 50mm doesn't fill the entire full frame sensor.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dreamy. Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very mild and milky! Does it give a similar effect at mid range?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
Very mild and milky! Does it give a similar effect at mid range?

I would qualify this lens as having high contrast and sharpness, not quite mild. I use the lens mostly in the macro range as the image circle isn't large enough to fill a full frame sensor at infinity or any distance really other than very close up. The adapter I used for the last two pictures wasn't perfectly centered, as you can tell from the slightly uneven vignetting.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very good bokeh in the center, but it deteriorates somewhat closer to the edge.
I'd recommend trying this lens on APS-C.

When I tested half-frame Zuiko 38/1.8 on FF it was a bit of a hit and miss.
On APS-C though it's a solid performer.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Dog