Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma Mini Wide: interchangeable mounts
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:23 am    Post subject: Sigma Mini Wide: interchangeable mounts Reply with quote

This might be helpful to someone. Mounts on Sigma Mini Wide lenses can be switched. Each lens is made to support different mounts. Aperture ring has different scales to be shown in transparent window, even orientations. At least for 4 different mounts. Quite a genius of Japan economical engineering. My switch was from Contax/Yashica to Olympus OM which i needed mint to supplement SLR camera. Perhaps this is valid for other focal lengths too (i cannot verify).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any pictures?

Seems like an interesting idea, I think other lenses have been talked about before supporting something like this.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do Sigma Mini-Wide II mounts fit Sigma Mini-Wide I lenses?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three different systems but the ring at the bottom attached with screws is specific to Pentax (From the Sigma 28-50mm 1:2.8-3.5) There are three aperture scales on the ring. The one used lines up with the corresponding scale below (on the other side here because it is Pentax)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="D1N0"]Three different systems but the ring at the bottom attached with screws is specific to Pentax (From the Sigma 28-50mm 1:2.8-3.5) There are three aperture scales on the ring. The one used lines up with the corresponding scale below (on the other side here because it is Pentax)

To complement D1n0's photo, this is internal situation where there are 4 different aperture slides. Aperture ring can be turned around 360 degrees to match the selection. Mounts fit accordingly. The calculation for this was high level. Don't know if Mini Wide II version still sponsors such option.