Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sands Hunter 135mm 1/3.5 T2 mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Sands Hunter 135mm 1/3.5 T2 mount Reply with quote

I got this lens some time ago with one of the Exaktas. It came with a T2 (telescope) to Exakta adapter. I recently got a T2 to EOS adapter, so I've been able to try it with the 350D.

Today is the first bright sunny day in weeks, also the first summer day.

A shot at 1/350 f:8, focus by the katz-eye focusing screen. (Yes, I know I've to clean the sensor... two dark spots on the picture... Maybe I'll replace the 350D by a 1000D just for this!!!).

Kind regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems this "unknown" lens has really nice color rendering. Congrats Jes!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a lot like my Weltblick 3.5/135:

Easily possible that these two are similar lenses, manufactured by God-knows-who and sold under different labels.
My Weltblick performs surprisingly well.

As far as the spots are concerned: cleaning is much cheaper than buying a EOS1000D. Wink
The need to clean the sensor now and then is the price we have to pay for using many different lenses... Confused

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice shot Jes
I like the form of the shadows
but I see also red & blue CA on the right wall

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Seems this "unknown" lens has really nice color rendering. Congrats Jes!

Thanks, Attila!.
Today I've been out with the Praktica VLC3 and the Pancolar... Let's see what comes out.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I am really curious I rate high this combo.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Carsten,

Yours look very similar to mine!... You might be right, it's common to sell the same lens until different "unknown" brands...

And regardind to spots, you're right again. I hope the 350D will be my only camera for a long time Wink.

I've just to pick the big rubber balloon...

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Poilu, thanks for your comment, BTW, what do you mean by "CA"?.

Thanks!.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jes wrote:
what do you mean by "CA"?

CA is chromatic aberrations
if you look on the right wall, you will see on the border of the shadow a blue line and on the limit of the white wall a red line
some lenses have more, other less but I always try to spot CA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Jes, you've certainly got that focussing screen adjusted properly now. The pic seems to have a very cool cast, how is the lens with greens and reds?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to guess Fujita, based on stylistic clues - the knurling, and the red "R" for the IR focus. But who knows. Probably dates to early-mid 1960's, but as a cheap store brand (apparently) it could have persisted into the 1970's.

It also bears a resemblance to Vivitars early T-mount preset series, the maker for which I have not identified - perhaps Fujita ?

It should be a very decent lens. Fujita made a "cult lens" for the Hasselblad back in their day.