Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss-Contax Distagon 18 mm with Sony a7r
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss-Contax Distagon 18 mm with Sony a7r Reply with quote

Thank you much for attention.
All the best,
Sandro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! I feel small, like when looking at nighttime sky!

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
WOW! I feel small, like when looking at nighttime sky!

Like 1 Like 1

Hi visualopsins! and thank you much for attention.
All the best,
Sandro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!
It's not easy to get compelling compositions this wide, especially when there is no specific point of attention nearby.

Well done!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work!

I'm with Sjak on his praise.
I find it very difficult to fill even 24mm.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidaho wrote:
Lat year, I've sold all my ultra-wides for this reason. This spring, I bought a cheap Tamron 10-24m for Pentax (APSC) in order to practice again in UWA. It's not a perfect lens (far from it) but since it's a zoom, it's very good at getting a feel for the wider focal lengths. If it works out, I'll allow myself to get the Russar 20mm for my Leica Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sjak wrote:
Lat year, I've sold all my ultra-wides for this reason.

I know that feel. I've already sold my 28mm and soon will list my 24mm.
I am however waiting on the arrival of Nikkor 20/4.

You see, I have a hope/theory: somewhere on the other side of the wide angle there is a lens so wide, it will make shooting wide great again.
I just hope it isn't wider than my wallet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sjak wrote:
aidaho wrote:
Lat year, I've sold all my ultra-wides for this reason. This spring, I bought a cheap Tamron 10-24m for Pentax (APSC) in order to practice again in UWA. It's not a perfect lens (far from it) but since it's a zoom, it's very good at getting a feel for the wider focal lengths. If it works out, I'll allow myself to get the Russar 20mm for my Leica Wink

Not easy, I agree....I think that in these cases (wide compositions) is better ......to exxagerate, or to avoid.
To exxagerate, my preferred toy is the Voigtlander 10 mm. (linear, no distosion), better with some object at 30-40 cm. to guide the perspective...
All the best,
Sandro