Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Portrait with a 1936 Leitz Summar 5cm f/2.0
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:50 pm    Post subject: Portrait with a 1936 Leitz Summar 5cm f/2.0 Reply with quote

This lens was a bit of a gamble, but the description in the ad made it sound much worse than I suspected it would be. I was right Thank You Dog

Although it will need a CLA soon, it can make for some lovely images. I have to be very careful with backlight though.

Image made with a Leica Monochrom, at f/3.2 or so.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very difficult lighting, but fascinating!
You will have good satisfationn also from this old gem.
All the best,
sandro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Sandro! It's indeed a lens that I am getting really really fond of. It has a very cinematic way of drawing an image, especially at wider apertures.

A quick snap at the terrace with a friend, barely edited:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sjak wrote:
Thank you Sandro! It's indeed a lens that I am getting really really fond of. It has a very cinematic way of drawing an image, especially at wider apertures.

Very impressive result.
A lot to like about that lens for sure
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Portrait with a 1936 Leitz Summar 5cm f/2.0 Reply with quote

Sjak wrote:

Oooh, Summicron-like contrast. Nice!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Portrait with a 1936 Leitz Summar 5cm f/2.0 Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

Oooh, Summicron-like contrast. Nice!
Thanks Michael, but the lens has in fact a relatively low contrast. The contrast seen on the 1st image is partly the lighting, and partly the processing.

Oldhand wrote:

Very impressive result.
A lot to like about that lens for sure
Tom
Thanks! Yes, it's a lens with boatloads of character, and a very unique one at that. Hopefully the CLA will make it a bit easier on strong backlighting.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sjak wrote:

this one is also better. Wonderful fantasic and 3d background, and we know as these are important things.... Like 1 Like 1
All the best,
Sandro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Sandro!
Yes, the bokeh of this lens is quite something, even when stopped down a little Whoo Turtle