Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider Kreuznach 45mm f4 Apo Componon HM reverse shots.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject: Schneider Kreuznach 45mm f4 Apo Componon HM reverse shots. Reply with quote

In a previous post I was queried as to whether the shots were taken reversed (they weren't). That got me thinking that I should try it. I tracked down the appropriate 43.5 filter ring to m42 adapter and got a chance to try it yesterday. Normal exposure and contrast adjustments only.

and a 100% crop

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that reversing it improves performance only at a magnification greater than 1:1.

The big problem with mine was that the flat front element caused, when reversed, reflections between it and the sensor. I interposed a x1.4 TC between it and the camera, its curved rear element solving the problem.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have issues with flare and when using certain adapter I get center "washout" the pixco m42 helicals are particularly bad.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another shot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
My understanding is that reversing it improves performance only at a magnification greater than 1:1.

Depends on the magnification factor the lens was designed for.

http://coinimaging.com/hall_of_fame.html?

When you read the individual tests of the lenses mentioned there sometimes reversed delivers more, sometimes not.

Ernst Dinkla

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ernst Dinkla wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:

Depends on the magnification factor the lens was designed for.

http://coinimaging.com/hall_of_fame.html?

When you read the individual tests of the lenses mentioned there sometimes reversed delivers more, sometimes not.

Ernst Dinkla

That was the results of numerous tests with several copies of the lens by the person I bought mine from. So the remark, for what it is worth, is specific to that lens.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red beads of fluid at the end of the spicules are invisible to the naked eye! I only discovered them when zooming in on a close up of the rosebud. It's one of those miniature roses that flower shops sell at mothers day. I separate the plants to individual pots and "rescue" them . They will mostly die if left crowded 4 or 5 plants in a 4 inch pot. The bud is pretty small roughly 1/2 Inch (1.25cm) wide at widest. I took this in portrait but didn't bother to rotate.I think it still works OK.
n

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a crop 100%, slightly tweaked with gimp