Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 55/2.1 U Mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:12 am    Post subject: Vivitar 55/2.1 U Mount Reply with quote

Hi there,

Today this lens came in the mail, I can't really find much information about it.
Aside from a couple of pictures in Flickr this is the only source that briefly speaks about it: https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/vivitar-55mm-f21.html

Who made this lens? It seems decent and it was really cheap.
Any thoughts?

Thank you! Like Dog

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have photos of the lens from other angles? Going by the serial number, the maker would be Cosina.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been buying, using and selling Vivitar lenses for a long time: I still own many of them. However, this is the first I've seen of this particular lens--it looks interesting--congratulations. Can you, when things settle, post some pictures taken with the lens. Thanks, jt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Specwise it seems to be quite similar the the Fujinon 55mm 1:2.2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

invisible wrote:
Do you have photos of the lens from other angles? Going by the serial number, the maker would be Cosina.

Hi there invisible,

Greetings!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the images. I mentioned I thought it was a Cosina, but it doesn't really look like the couple of Cosina lenses I've had.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Focusthrow wrote:
I've been buying, using and selling Vivitar lenses for a long time: I still own many of them. However, this is the first I've seen of this particular lens--it looks interesting--congratulations. Can you, when things settle, post some pictures taken with the lens. Thanks, jt

Hello Focusthrow,

I quickly tried the lens today with my cats in the house. First impressions are positive.
The lens is very sharp in the center at F2.1 and has a smooth type bokeh.
I used my Canon 5D with a cheap M42 adapter.

SOOC Jpeg images:

#1 (ISO 200, F2.1, 1/250)

#2 (ISO 200, F2.1, 1/125)

#3 (ISO 200, F2.1, 1/250)

Edited raw images:

#4 (Sorry no jpeg for this one as I forgot to set the camera on Jpeg + Raw) (ISO 800, F2.1, 1/100)

I still have to test it with a different subject and at different F numbers, however wide open I think it performs quite well!
Let me know what do you think!

Greetings!

Last edited by Aviator on Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it is no slouch.
Reminds me of the X-Fujinon and the Cosinon in looks.
If I had to take a guess, I would say that it is a Cosina lens.
Tom