Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 55/2.1 U Mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:12 am    Post subject: Vivitar 55/2.1 U Mount Reply with quote

Hi there,

Today this lens came in the mail, I can't really find much information about it.
Aside from a couple of pictures in Flickr this is the only source that briefly speaks about it: https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/vivitar-55mm-f21.html

Who made this lens? It seems decent and it was really cheap.
Any thoughts?

Thank you! Like Dog

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have photos of the lens from other angles? Going by the serial number, the maker would be Cosina.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been buying, using and selling Vivitar lenses for a long time: I still own many of them. However, this is the first I've seen of this particular lens--it looks interesting--congratulations. Can you, when things settle, post some pictures taken with the lens. Thanks, jt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Specwise it seems to be quite similar the the Fujinon 55mm 1:2.2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

invisible wrote:
Do you have photos of the lens from other angles? Going by the serial number, the maker would be Cosina.

Hi there invisible,

Greetings!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the images. I mentioned I thought it was a Cosina, but it doesn't really look like the couple of Cosina lenses I've had.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Focusthrow wrote:
I've been buying, using and selling Vivitar lenses for a long time: I still own many of them. However, this is the first I've seen of this particular lens--it looks interesting--congratulations. Can you, when things settle, post some pictures taken with the lens. Thanks, jt

Hello Focusthrow,

I quickly tried the lens today with my cats in the house. First impressions are positive.
The lens is very sharp in the center at F2.1 and has a smooth type bokeh.
I used my Canon 5D with a cheap M42 adapter.

SOOC Jpeg images:

#1 (ISO 200, F2.1, 1/250)

#2 (ISO 200, F2.1, 1/125)

#3 (ISO 200, F2.1, 1/250)

Edited raw images:

#4 (Sorry no jpeg for this one as I forgot to set the camera on Jpeg + Raw) (ISO 800, F2.1, 1/100)

I still have to test it with a different subject and at different F numbers, however wide open I think it performs quite well!
Let me know what do you think!

Greetings!

Last edited by Aviator on Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it is no slouch.
Reminds me of the X-Fujinon and the Cosinon in looks.
If I had to take a guess, I would say that it is a Cosina lens.
Tom