Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron Adaptall-2 24mm f/2.5 (01B)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject: Tamron Adaptall-2 24mm f/2.5 (01B) Reply with quote

Tamron Adaptall-2 24mm f/2.5 *(01B)

A good buy I found last year, I only got around to trying it thoroughly lately.

_IGP0007 by luisalegria, on Flickr

_IGP0003 by luisalegria, on Flickr

I have the full set, with hood, case and caps. It looks like its been used but not abused, so by my standards an excellent find. Its not an uncommon lens of course, and its been written up in mflenses several times.

In general, well, what can I say, its a Tamron Adaptall-2, with all the advantages and quirks of the type.
Its well made, rather chunky for its kind but quite light, distinctive styling, fairly close focus, excellent center sharpness and not bad in the corners on APS-C. Its got surprisingly smooth bokeh besides, for a 24mm.

A very good "Normal" for an APS-C DSLR.

All shot on my 16mp Pentax K30. The street photography stuff from the San Francisco Carnaval was at f/4, most of the rest at f/2.5. Some flower shots cropped.

_IGP0001 by luisalegria, on Flickr

_IGP9742 by luisalegria, on Flickr

_IGP9777 by luisalegria, on Flickr

_IGP9868 by luisalegria, on Flickr

_IGP9907 by luisalegria, on Flickr

_IGP9921 by luisalegria, on Flickr

_IGP9924 by luisalegria, on Flickr

_IGP9977 by luisalegria, on Flickr

_IGP0253 by luisalegria, on Flickr

_IGP0314 by luisalegria, on Flickr

_IGP0326 by luisalegria, on Flickr

_IGP0368 by luisalegria, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a good lens Luis from your results.
Colours are "clean" and the definition is quite pleasing.
Good job
Tom

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 Very impressive lens!!

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron Adaptall-2 24mm f/2.5 (01B) Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:

A good buy . . .

Magic words!

And delightful photos. It's always a good day when I get to read a new luisalegria lens profile. Thanks, Luis!

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: Tamron Adaptall-2 24mm f/2.5 (01B) Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Tamron Adaptall-2 24mm f/2.5 *(01B)

A good buy I found last year, I only got around to trying it thoroughly lately.

I have the full set, with hood, case and caps. It looks like its been used but not abused, so by my standards an excellent find. Its not an uncommon lens of course, and its been written up in mflenses several times.

In general, well, what can I say, its a Tamron Adaptall-2, with all the advantages and quirks of the type.
Its well made, rather chunky for its kind but quite light, distinctive styling, fairly close focus, excellent center sharpness and not bad in the corners on APS-C. Its got surprisingly smooth bokeh besides, for a 24mm.

A very good "Normal" for an APS-C DSLR.

All shot on my 16mp Pentax K30. The street photography stuff from the San Francisco Carnaval was at f/4, most of the rest at f/2.5. Some flower shots cropped.

I never met a Tamron Adaptall which I didn't like. Very nice work--great diversity too--Best, jt

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots, Luis. I have the cosmetic update of this lens. I find mine to be superior to my Nikkor AI (or AIs? I don't recall and it's downstairs) 24/2.8. It has always puzzled me why Tamron did not categorize this lens as an SP. It sure performs like one.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1