Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

more people here with a CZJ Biometar 2.8/80
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: more people here with a CZJ Biometar 2.8/80 Reply with quote

Recently took a gamble on a cheap Biometar in Exakta-mount.

It is not perfect, but also much better than advertised. The fungus, except for a small strain in the front element, was mostly dirt on the lens filter due ton incorrect cleaning Laughing

Just 2 quick snaps before the rain started. I like the very gentle rendering. Looking forward to make some portraits with this one Thank You Dog

O and it looks really cool when mounted on my Fuji Smile

Anyone else here using this lens?

#2 slinghtly missed focus due to wind

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one in Exakta 66 mount that I got for a surprisingly low price 40 something incl shipping IIRC. I took a few shots that looked pretty good. I should dig it out and try some more shots with it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 'Star Wars' finish version in P6, single coated. Superb lens.

These are all on my Sony a850, 24mp FF:

100% crop:

100% crop:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are really nice shots Ian!

I just went outside quickly again... I really like this one... deep colours and very gentle out of focus rendering. Did a few uninteresting shots to see how it does stopped down, and seems good enough for the occasional scenic shot.

Looks like I got a keeper Whoo Turtle

#2 a Shell gas-station in the background Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, last week I bought a box, rediculously cheap, full of camera stuff including a lot of CZJ lenses. Is this the same lens as used on the Pentacon Six? In that case I have one Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My version is in Exakta-mount. There's a few medium format versions. Not completely sure if they are exactly the same. But all versions of the 2.8/80 seem highly praised, so recommend you try it out, regardless of mount Like 1 small

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have its sibling, the Tessar 80/2.8 in Preset Exakta, along with matching 35/2.8 Flek and 58/2 Biotar, I'm trying to access the helicoid of the Flek, but can't see a way past taking the aperture apart to do it, if anyone has opened one up, I posted in the repair forum.

The Tessar seems to be a nice lens, and much less expensive than the Biometar, I wouldn't mind a comparison between the two.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
The Tessar seems to be a nice lens, and much less expensive than the Biometar, I wouldn't mind a comparison between the two.
I wasn't actively searching as Biometars generally more than I want to spend on a lens at the moment, but a while back came across my copy for a really sharp price, and couldn't resist. It finally arrived today, and I was pretty excited to try it out.

I'll put the Tessar on my search-list too. Somehow, the 80 to 100mm focal range works well for me on APSC, so makes sense to look out for a few more. Also interested in the Industar-29, in part because the lens itself looks so cool; I think a tessar-design too.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biometar 80/2.8 preset/exakta mount

DSC00255 by Mr TTT, on Flickr

DSC00256 by Mr TTT, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ones, with popping colours!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSC01739 by Mr TTT, on Flickr

DSC01754 by Mr TTT, on Flickr

Успенский собор Ярославль by Mr TTT, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried out an Ukrainien copy of the Zeiss Jena Biometar, an ARSAT C 2,8/80mm with an P-6 > E-mount adaptor, and an 8x achromatic lens! All Images are hand Held with f/8 on my Sony A7!