Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hasselblad in London for Sir Don McCullin show
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject: Hasselblad in London for Sir Don McCullin show Reply with quote

Went to Tate Britain on London Millbank to see the Sir Don McCullin Exhibition ( Now Finished) -- i took my 2002 Hasselblad loaded with 1993 dated ORWO NP22 film which I wanted to use up. Mu usual 'Promicrol' for ORWO NP22 had gone all black so I tried my Home- Made Crawley Formula FX-4 1+1 and guessed 7.5 mins @ 20OC.
i scanned negs with Canon 9000 F Mk II + FastStone Image Viewer.

Carl Zeiss CFE Planar T* at full aperture f2.8

The Sir Don McCullin exhibition in Tate Britain, Millbank, London -- fantastic!! Prints from his ORIGINAL Negs done by him. His 35mm war photos done in difficult conditions were 'Grainless' on the enlargements -- all his print quality was faultless -- wonder what Paper and Paper developer he used ? .Photo shows visitor admiring what must be his most famous War Photo of the Battle-Weary US Marine in Vietnam. I tried 1.15th @ f2.8 but neg was still 'Thin' as lighting was 'subdued' .

180mm f4 CFi Sonnar T* + Yellow-Green Filter

80mm f2.8 CFE Planar T*

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I'd got to that exhibition.

Like 1 Pete.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
I wish I'd got to that exhibition.

Like 1 Pete.

Same here. Like 1 Like 1 small