Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cloudy day in the garden (Meyer Oreston 50 mm f/1.8)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 12:16 am    Post subject: Cloudy day in the garden (Meyer Oreston 50 mm f/1.8) Reply with quote

Foveon 4 layers sensor (sd quattro h). Light editing.....click on image then again if you like larger dimensions/resolution.
All the best,
Sandro

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens, one of my favorite , congrats!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Great lens, one of my favorite , congrats!

Thank you Attila!
All the best,
sandro

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very realistic, especially in high contrast shots, like #4!

A couple years ago I read rather critical (and well illustrated) reviews of Sigma foveon cameras rendering less detail than even some older sensors. What is your experience with this one, as compared to Sony or another well known brand? Could you show the same shot made with the same lens on two cameras?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
Very realistic, especially in high contrast shots, like #4!

A couple years ago I read rather critical (and well illustrated) reviews of Sigma foveon cameras rendering less detail than even some older sensors. What is your experience with this one, as compared to Sony or another well known brand? Could you show the same shot made with the same lens on two cameras?

I like and I use with many MF lenses (also very good) A7, A7R, and I use also the old Sigma dp1 dp3 merrill and the new
SD Quattro H. I also print from both systems.
The "real colours" capture of foveon is (IMHO evidently) superior to bayer mosaic capture. But if a (good, recent sony or for digital backs) traditional Bayer mosaic has 3-4 times the pixels of the foveon, if you compress 3-4 pixel to one, the quality is very close.
Same lens, same photo with a7r and sd Quattro : at real dimensions (larger but not so much with sony) the sd quattro (and the already better dp merrill with their 1:1:1: foveon) has a more clear detail and more accurate colour. And superb monochrome, also here easier to obtain than Sony, at the same level of Leica Monochrome.
But: fatiguing and limited raw conversion, only m42 lenses apart the original Sigma, little sensor.......I hold and I enjoy myself with
both Sony and Sigma (I like film too, and there Minolta Dynax 9 and let's not speak of 13X18....) If a 24X36 foveon accepting leica-R and Contax lenses will be released, no doubt....
colours and subtleness have something special; it's a different play. I repeat, I find funny and pleasurable to play with the quality of both systems, one (Sigma) for superior colour and detail rendition, the other because is about ideal for we all love many old lenses, and velocity and other practical things. My 2 cents....
All the best,
Sandro

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Sandro, for having shared your observations. Really interesting.