Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 19AH Iris Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject: Tamron 19AH Iris Issues Reply with quote

Note: Not Irish issues.

I was using my 19AH with the PK/A adapter, and as I was attaching it, it jammed and the aperture ring froze. When I looked inside, two of the iris blades appear to have come loose inside. I was considering opening it up and attempting repair. In the condition it's in (good other than the iris blades), I doubt it would be worth trying to sell. Plus, I rather like the lens. Anyone with experience opening this lens?

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blades coming loose usually means one of the two things - either the tension plate that holds the assembly in place became loose, or the guiding pins on the blades broke off.
You may try to unscrew the rear group - from the look at the optical scheme it should come out as one long tube and give you an immediate access to the aperture. Trying to wiggle the blades in place will take some deft hand and some balls, as it may make things even worse.
I would try what is a standard approach to the long zooms instead - loosen the grubs screws that keep the baffle with distances and DOF curves in place, pull it up, and look for a connection - there's often a set of 6-8 screws that breaks the lens apart right at the aperture when removed.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
Blades coming loose usually means one of the two things - either the tension plate that holds the assembly in place became loose, or the guiding pins on the blades broke off.
You may try to unscrew the rear group - from the look at the optical scheme it should come out as one long tube and give you an immediate access to the aperture. Trying to wiggle the blades in place will take some deft hand and some balls, as it may make things even worse.
I would try what is a standard approach to the long zooms instead - loosen the grubs screws that keep the baffle with distances and DOF curves in place, pull it up, and look for a connection - there's often a set of 6-8 screws that breaks the lens apart right at the aperture when removed.

Thank you very much for the advice! I will let y'all know how it turns out.