Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bronica 645 Range Finder 65mm F4 lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject: Bronica 645 Range Finder 65mm F4 lens Reply with quote

I'm reposting this here, I originally had it posted under Large Format.

I recently bought a Bronica 645 Range Finder 65mm F4 lens (lens only - no body). I've looked all over the internet trying to find info on how this lens works exactly? I downloaded a copy of the Bronica 645 camera owners manual, but its pretty much on how to use the camera. It is a manual focus lens, it has an aperture ring, but I can't determine if the aperture ring is electronic or if the aperture blades are hidden inside the lens. From what info I could find the lens electronically winds the shutter using power from the camera body. I was hoping to hack this lens and use it on a full frame Sony A7RII (crazy I know), but I'm hoping to be able to adjust the aperture. Also does anyone how much power/voltage would be needed to maybe electronically open the shutter without a camera body? Which electrical contact does what? Any info is appreciated.

Please note: There are no adapters that are made for this lens that I am aware of. I'm NOT seeking info on a lens adapter, I'm hoping to get some info on how the lens works thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this lens is newer than the 645 series.
It was probably made for the ETRS-i camera.
It is similar in appearance to lenses of the SQ-a system with the 8 gold contacts.
IIRC, I could DOFPV easily with the power off on my SQ-a.
I can't remember if it was a lever/pin, or rotating collar that actuated the aperture. There was a hefty arm type lever inside the body for moving the aperture.

That RF may stand for retro-focus Embarassed - which is quite plausible on a lens that wide in focal length...

Could you post a side on view showing the aperture and focus points?

Edit:
Okay- I found the camera and your lens through Google-fu.
With it being a range-finder designed lens, aperture control is likely going to be a low priority.
A mechanical/electro aperture control could be possible- but I don't see why on a range finder system.
Actually got a bit confused as this lens kept on coming up as f4.5 on google- it took a while.

-D.S.