Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My Paxette Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: My Paxette Collection Reply with quote

What's new? by chiscocks, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: My Paxette Collection Reply with quote

Wow, super nice. i`ve looked through you posts on other forums and I have to say ,that you did a superb job collecting all of this gear ! Its great to see someone who knows what he`s looking for and takes such great care of his items. You have yourself a true treasure chest right there! Might I ask how much dis all of this cost you ? And what brand of case are you using?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments. Yes I really love this set and it's been great fun collecting all the parts. I couldn't remember if I'd posted it here before but I came across this forum again when looking for information on another 135mm lens.

I'd estimate that I've spent around £500 on the set in total which is very little considering some of these lenses are in eBay for £600!

The case is a copy of a peli case made by a UK electronics shop called Maplins.

Cheers
ped

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And did you polish all the parts or you found them in this gorgeous condition?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Nice to look at and nicely displayed....do you get out and use them much?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi chaps

They were in various states of condition so I had to clean a few of them up but really most were fairly clean. The glass is perfect on all the lenses apart from the 85mm quinar which has very slight fungus but it doesn't affect the image as far as I have seen.

Yes I use the cameras fairly often, I sold my Leica kit as I find these more 'fun' and of course with so many lenses to try its good experimentation. Probably the most used combo is the super BL2 with the f2 quinon or my grandads old super with the superb Schneider xenar f2.8 which is a jewel of a lens. More aperture blades than I can count.

I'll post some example photos later

Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice and slick Very Happy
I have 10 Paxette lenses my self (Staeble, ISCO, Schneider, Steinheil etc.) And some of them are quite decent performers. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Obviously you can't just drop a comment like that without a group pic Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to all Smile

I'm new on this wonderful site, and got some of Braun Paxette lenses.
My question is specially for lens owners: how You found (and match) lens hoods for Paxette lenses? It is have small and rare filter sizes, and also unknown thread pitch (is it 0.5 mm, 0.75 mm or 1mm??)
For example, Leneogon 35/3,5 have 40,5 mm filter size. But I can't properly screw (generic) 40,5mm lens hood to it, just on 1/3 of dept of thread. Also I have Staeble Telon 85/4 (-R-) and Steinchell Cassarit 45/2,8. The outer diameter of both lens are the same, about 34 mm, but inner about 33 or 34 for Telon and 30 or 30,5 for Cassarit. Not sure, which sizes to buy, also "buy, try and return/sell not needed" sounds not very good to me.
Please, can anyone inform about accurate sizes from real world (not theoretical).
PS. Lenses in this great collection most completed with push-on hoods. As alternative, it is possible for me, but I preferred threaded hoods first. However, if anyone can advice about push-on hoods with exact sizes, I would appreciate it.

Thank you!