Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

X-Pan 45mm on A7r
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject: X-Pan 45mm on A7r Reply with quote

This is a Studbaker pickup arriving at a Classic Car event this morning. The images has been cropped by about a third.. The aperture was f8 or f11.at 1/250 sec, ISO 200.

I also used the 90mm and 30mm lenses but have not yet processed the images.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks as if vibrance slider was pushed all the way to the right.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
It looks as if vibrance slider was pushed all the way to the right.

Never heard of one!

It has had a touch of Colour Pop.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking back at the RAW files, there is quite a difference between two shots, a few seconds apart.

I have reprocessed the image and it does look better.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does look better, more natural. Cool truck, does it have a clear coat? oiled?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
It does look better, more natural. Cool truck, does it have a clear coat? oiled?

I have not touched it but it has thousands of long, shiny scratches, like from a coarse wire brush.

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/bare-metal-hot-rods.htm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to correct an omission: This lens was used with the special centre spot ND filter needed by the 45mm to prevent vignetting, especially in the film panoramic format, This requires a longer exposure than would be normal for a given aperture set on the lens but without affecting DOF.