Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

X-Pan 45mm on A7r
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject: X-Pan 45mm on A7r Reply with quote

This is a Studbaker pickup arriving at a Classic Car event this morning. The images has been cropped by about a third.. The aperture was f8 or f11.at 1/250 sec, ISO 200.

I also used the 90mm and 30mm lenses but have not yet processed the images.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks as if vibrance slider was pushed all the way to the right.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
It looks as if vibrance slider was pushed all the way to the right.

Never heard of one!

It has had a touch of Colour Pop.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking back at the RAW files, there is quite a difference between two shots, a few seconds apart.

I have reprocessed the image and it does look better.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does look better, more natural. Cool truck, does it have a clear coat? oiled?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
It does look better, more natural. Cool truck, does it have a clear coat? oiled?

I have not touched it but it has thousands of long, shiny scratches, like from a coarse wire brush.

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/bare-metal-hot-rods.htm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to correct an omission: This lens was used with the special centre spot ND filter needed by the 45mm to prevent vignetting, especially in the film panoramic format, This requires a longer exposure than would be normal for a given aperture set on the lens but without affecting DOF.