Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Les Paul & Monochrom + 1936&1952 Leitz lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject: Les Paul & Monochrom + 1936&1952 Leitz lenses Reply with quote

#1 with a 1936 Elmar 9cm; uncropped

#2 with a 1952 Summaron 35mm; slight crop to have a little less stagelights in the frame

Both nearly uneditted DNGs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 . I really like #2.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post duplicated itself.

Last edited by Sciolist on Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like both. The dramatic contrast that is a characteristic of Leitz lenses really shines through.

As an owner of three Les Pauls (a 2013 Traditional Pro II, a 2018 BFG w/P90s, and a 1999 double cut Special w/P90s), I always enjoy seeing good photographic examples of one of my favorite guitars.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
I like both. The dramatic contrast that is a characteristic of Leitz lenses really shines through.
Thanks Michael!
Both recently had a CLA, and this was the first outing with them. It was totally unplanned we ended up at a gig; if planned, I probably would have taken just a fast 50 with me. I was amazed how well the uncoated Elmar from 1936 handled the stagelight; flare was never a major issue. Also surprised at how well the tuning nuts (in front of a stagelight) are defined.
In fact, I had to be a lot more carefull with the little (single coated) Summaron which flares much easier.

cooltouch wrote:
As an owner of three Les Pauls (a 2013 Traditional Pro II, a 2018 BFG w/P90s, and a 1999 double cut Special w/P90s), I always enjoy seeing good photographic examples of one of my favorite guitars.
Cool! It's still one of the sexiest guitars out there Cool

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, the Les Paul and the Strat -- the two sexiest guitars on the planet . . . I own three Strats too Cool

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle

and that's not Stradivarius although Stratavarious probably qualifies. Laughing