Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

50mm f4 Cfi Distagon T* pics of River Lee -disappointing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: 50mm f4 Cfi Distagon T* pics of River Lee -disappointing Reply with quote

I went on a boat trip down the River Lee from Ware to Hertford ( England) using my 2002 Hasselblad 501CM + A16 back + 50mm f4 CFi Distagon and as usual I'm disappointed with the sharpness of that lens. I have applied SOME sharpening in PhotoShop 7 on the scanned TIFF file converted to JPeg. I used mostly f5.6 and 1/250th second on the slowly moving boat. 1/250th should have been fast enough to stop movement. Film was one of the last 1993 dated ORWO NP22 120 rollfilms in my fridge and I processed in home-made FX-4 Formula 1+1 for 7.45 mins @ 20oC. Same Film and developer with the 75mm f3.5 Xenar on my Rolleicord makes much sharper images.
River Lee 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
River Lee 04 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
River Lee 05 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a 're-scan'of the top photo changing scan resolution to 2400 ppi instead of 1200 and size down to A5 print instead of A4 print and did a higher 'Sharpening' to see if there was better resolution and sharpness.
[/img]