Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Jena Prakticar 1.4/50 MC II + Sony A7R II.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject: Zeiss Jena Prakticar 1.4/50 MC II + Sony A7R II. Reply with quote

I could only use it so far to shoot my kids. But I wanted to thank the people in this amazing forum, who helped me discover this lens. It's a fantastic resource. I searched old posts and I remember especially Attila's recommendation as an an alternative to Biotar 50 1.4, and also his remarks, and from others members, about how it can be in a same league with Planar 50 1.4 or Summilux. I have to say I agree. It's a special/strange lens, as I like, but it also performs very highly. I hope to use it soon more for my work. I currently have a Pancolar 1.4/55 borrowed for a few days, and it surprises me that Prakticar isn't more well-known, considering that the rendering is quite similar, isn't it?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazingly sharp at full aperture - and the colour!
Outstanding images Adolfo.
Great lens for sure
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 wonderful lens, excellently used!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Amazingly sharp at full aperture - and the colour!
Outstanding images Adolfo.
Great lens for sure
Tom

Quote:
Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 wonderful lens, excellently used!!!

Thanks! I'm very happy with this lens!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Dog I rate this lens to very high , good as than any 50mm from Leitz or Zeiss.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so pleasurable portraits!!
well done, and also excellent tones and colours Like 1
Sandro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Like Dog I rate this lens to very high , good as than any 50mm from Leitz or Zeiss.

Yes, Attila, I saw your pictures and comments about it here and that really convinced me!