Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some portraits with a Pancolar 50 and Flektogon 35/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject: Some portraits with a Pancolar 50 and Flektogon 35/2.8 Reply with quote

So I grabbed a workmate for a few shots at lunchtime today to test out the Pancolar 50 and the Flektogon as portrait lenses... Didn't grab much as for some reason I'd left my DSLR on during the day and drained the battery.. but I'm happy with the results regardless..

Pancolar 50:

Flektogon:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice serie!

The 2nd one is epic Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sjak wrote:
Nice serie!

The 2nd one is epic Like 1

Thanks! Lesson learned was that the Flektogon is still a damn sight harder to fine focus than the Pancolar, but when it works, it REALLY works - as per the first colour shot; it's great to get that close for portraits and have such fine detail.. Also had to shoot quite wide as the sun was falling and light failing, so the Flek was at 2.8-4 at best.. Pancolar around 1.8-2.8 ish, but still - that contrast!

Going to try a Pentacon 135/2.8 next to see how that compares..

(PP was generally exposure, temp as needed, then applied a Provia 400f and Acros 100 emulations.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent!! Like 1
sandro